Compatibility between Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options v4.2 and IWDification v5 / SCS v34.3

Hi @argent77,

I'll post here since I don't have an account in any other BG modding forums.

I think there's an incompatibility between the mods in the title. What I found out was: if I install Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options with the 1st choice "install all options at once" (no need to install the hotkey update component), and afterwards install IWDification and/or SCS, then when I start a game later the executable (SoD on MacOS) would complain about syntax errors within bgee.lua and error out. WeiDu changelog pointed out that all three mods make changes to bgee.lua, and at least with SCS it's unavoidable since the change is tied to its "initialize" process.

The errors are usually in the "cheat menu" section for arcane and divine spells, usually with missing comma or the additional rows named "DW_INSERT1/2/3"... Sometimes either IWDification or SCS together with Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options is enough to bring out the syntax errors, while in other times it would need all three mods installed to bring out the errors.

I could "fix" it by manually adding back the commas and deleting the "DW_INSERT..."s in bgee.lua, but the remaining content still looked messy and clearly missing entries.

I also found out if the "improved cheat menu" component alone from Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options is installed *after* IWDification's arcane/divine spell packs and/or SCS, there's no longer any syntax errors in bgee.lua.

I thought you might want to know this and perform further analysis, since the incompatibility seems to be brought up only with the v4.x of Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options with which the "improved cheat menu" component was introduced.

Cheers~

Iwdification's spell components choke on the additional resource tables added by Hidden Gameplay Options's Improved Cheat Menu to bgee.lua and adds its own stuff to the wrong tables. This is something that has to be fixed in Iwdification. The same is true for the spell-related components of SCS, since both mods share the same code base for this functionality.

You can work around it by installing Hidden Gameplay Options after the spell-related components of Iwdification and SCS.