Can you persuade me to go wild mage?

I've never played Wild Mage. There are mods that one could likely try that touch wild magic (such as Wild mage additions) and kits based on wild magic (such as Chaos sorcerer). But I swear, I can't see the fun on a kit revolving around quicksaving and quickloading.

Am I wrong thinking like that? Does anyone actually play wild mage?

Edited by Morgoth

Obviously, the fun thing to do is to not reload whenever something goes wrong. If you accidentally summon a demon and need to run away, well, that's just how things go.

Some disasters may be large enough to require a reload/restart, like a spell that kills multiple civilians and destroys your reputation to the point that your party abandons you. But if it's something that you can recover from with a bit of cleverness, then that's what you should do.

I played with a friend in multiplayer who loved the randomness.  His WIld Mage once gated a demon into the sewer beneath Athkatla and we fled.  He also accidentally Wild Surged himself into a girl, and Wild Surged a nag from the Copper Coronet into a man, making her voiced lines with him even funnier!

There's also the mechanical benefit of having access to all spell schools and a bonus spell slot per spell level with the possibility of hijinx hurting or helping you.