Decided to play Archer and dual class it to cleric later

I wanted to play a ranger/cleric, but the thought of having a bad fighter (due to the **) made me change idea and realize I have never played an archer in over 20 years.

Here there is a cool topic about archers: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63666/a-comparison-of-ranged-attackers-in-bg2/p1

I have a few questions to ask:

1) Does anyone use a mod that touches archer? Such as this one: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34696/mod-improved-archer-kit-for-bgee-bg2ee-iwd-ee-and-original-bg2-bgt
or this one: https://artisans-corner.com/the-artisans-kitpack/

2) Do you recommend using this mod: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/58374/enchant-the-missile-launchers-ranged-weapon-tweak
I don't know what would be the pratical impact on my game.

3) Has anyone tried Archer dual classed to cleric? Edit: turns out I can't dual class to cleric. I've got all the right stats to do that and the following tweak: 
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v16
But I cannot do that.

Edited by Morgoth

Its a bad dual combo unless you use multiple tweak mods.

1. Slings suck so you need expanded weapon options of dual/multi clerics or something that buffs slings (like inflicting bludgeoning damage)

2. No point in doing ranger/cleric duals without lua tweak for later druid spells.

3. Ranger xp table is significantly slower than fighter, though depending on when you dual and how well you know early game bg2 this can become pretty inconsequential.

4. Archer kit gets its oomph from levels. Dual late and it takes millions of xp to get your static boosts back, dual early (lvl 9 like a fighter) and you dont have much benefit from the kit in the first place.

5. Big draw in druid spells is ironskin which is significantly less useful for archers.

6. Two free pips in TWF is pretty useless since you're going to be shooting all game or why bother being an archer?

7. Have to be good. If you play no reloads you can have issues getting confused before you dual (though thats the same with all rangers.) Only one chance to un-fall. Yet another reason to dual early and thus get less benefit playing Archer kit.

8. DuHM and AoF are significantly less useful for archers.

9. No Tracking. Clearly the best HLA.

Archers should stay pure.

Cleric/Rangers and Ranger->Clerics should be flails user imo.

FYI, from Morgoth's other threads, they do have those multiple tweaks running.

But in their absence ... here's a mechanical comparison of an Archer -> Cleric dual and a Fighter -> Cleric dual, both focusing on sling attacks. Assume a basic level 9 dual here.

- Sling attacks: Archer +4 attack, +5 damage, 2 APR (Specialization, +3 archer bonus). Fighter +3 attack, +5 damage, 2.5 APR (Grand mastery). Advantage to the fighter.

- Melee backup plan: Archer gets free dual wielding, but can only take proficiency in melee weapons. By the time they finish their dual, they should be proficient in everything and will only have weapon styles left to take. Fighter doesn't get free points, but can specialize in a melee weapon as early as level 1 and eventually develop that to grand mastery. Advantage to the fighter.

- Equipment restrictions: Archer is limited to light armor only. Fighter can use anything a cleric can, including heavy armor. Advantage to the fighter.

- Spellcasting: Archer gets Entangle added to their spell list. Fighter has the base cleric list. Advantage to the archer, but it's a small one - I hardly ever memorize Entangle even on druids. It does synergize with ranged attacks, at least.

- Support abilities: Archer gets stealth and Charm Animal. Fighter gets nothing. Advantage to the archer, and stealth is a very nice thing to have.