Area art design

Hello,

I've experienced a bit with area design and I've faced some issues.

Before creating any .are file, I want to create area art for a Baldur's gate mod. It's a typical image in png from which an area will be created later with DLTCEP. The dimensions must be proportional to the tile size (forgot exact size) an also have a maximum size (also forgot which size). They must also meet special requirements, objects such as doors, chairs, must have a size that is well proportioned to the characters. To make life easier, I try to reuse the objects from the game (houses, etc..). I had some degree of success creating floors (grass, dungeon floor, ..) but it sure looks far less good than the original games, but I've encountered other issues while creating such areas. When  I try to superimpose layers, it doesn't mesh well. If I put a floor, then a carpet, then a table, the whole looks so off!

I'm trying to build a piece of software that will help me design such area art but for now it's too basic to share anything, and it renders not well as mentionned.

Also, does AI help to generate area art from all the exisiting areas from the games, mods included?

Thanks

Nicolas