1~100 = 0~99

Guest Kingfrog

Guest Kingfrog
Well, this project also seems to have stopped a long time ago, but I recently started playing this game again, and I'm feeling the impression of 20 years ago again.
Of course, I've encountered a lot of bugs again, and I found a bg2fix while searching the Internet. And while looking at the log of bg2fix, it was confirmed that the content that was 0 to 99 was changed to 1 to 100.
But this is meaningless. 0 to 99 and 1 to 100 are the same. The former only started at 0, and the latter at 1.
Both equally count 100.

I'm not sure where to start, since there are several things wrong here.

36 minutes ago, Guest Kingfrog said:

And while looking at the log of bg2fix, it was confirmed that the content that was 0 to 99 was changed to 1 to 100.

Nothing was changed from 0-99 to 1-100, since that would be a material change. The engine rolls 0-99, so a top end value of 100 is effectively 99--all you're doing with the latter is excluding rolls of 0, a 1% change. In general, most 'always' effects are coded 0-100 (effectively 0-99) and are left alone since they cause no issues.

Partial probabilities were changed most places since they were wrong, e.g. an item which is supposed to do something 10% of the time was coded with probabilities of 0-10. Given that both boundary values are inclusive, that would mean an actual in-game probability of 11%. In this example case it would be adjusted to 0-9 to yield the proper 10%.