Zakrion for BG2 - Overview and FAQ

jmaeq

Overview

Zakrion NPC mod introduces a True Neutral Duelist (kit can be found in Sword and Fist mod) to BG2:EE. Alternatively, his class can be changed to Swashbuckler.

The mod includes custom portraits, a friendship track, two different romance tracks (a known PC and unknown PC from BG1), items, quests, numerous banters and interjections, and custom voicing.

Lastly, Zakrion can be found after the pirate encounter in the Sea's Bounty Tavern.

FAQ

Q1: Is there a particular NPC I should bring along?
A1: No one in particular. He banters with everyone.

Spoiler

However, he could have a potential issue with Keldorn.

Q2: How do I continue my "semi-relationship" with Zakrion in BG2?
A2: There are a couple of pivotal dialogue options that the player must pick in order for Zakrion to "remember" his past with the PC. When given the options, choose the options that are related to the his past with you.

Q3: Will I miss out on anything if I don't bring Zakrion to Brynnlaw?
A3: If you intend on experiencing Zakrion's entire storyline, I would highly recommend taking him to Brynnlaw with you.

Q4: Is he EET compatible? If not, will he be in the future?
A4: He is currently not EET compatible, but I do plan on making him EET compatible in the future.

Q5: Will he have crossmod content?
A5: He does not currently have any crossmod content, but I would definitely like to collaborate with the fantastic modders in the community to create some crossmod content!

Guest Respite

I know the announcement mentions him being an NPC for SoA and ToB, but some mods say that because they require the expansion in order to function.
Does Zakrion currently have any actual ToB content, or is that part still in the works? And if so, about how many dialogues should we expect? 😁

13 hours ago, Guest Respite said:

I know the announcement mentions him being an NPC for SoA and ToB, but some mods say that because they require the expansion in order to function.
Does Zakrion currently have any actual ToB content, or is that part still in the works? And if so, about how many dialogues should we expect? 😁

Zakrion has content for both SoA and ToB. :)

The romance in SoA is similar to the BG1 "semi-romance", where you have to finish his friendship track before attempting to pursue the romance. With all that said, he has 11 Friendship Talks + 9 Known/Unknown Romance Talks. 

In ToB,  he has around 4 Friendship Talks, while his Known and Unknown Romance Tracks have 6-ish talks. 

Guest Respite
8 hours ago, jmaeq said:

In ToB,  he has around 4 Friendship Talks, while his Known and Unknown Romance Tracks have 6-ish talks. 

Gotcha, and one more question (please pardon me for not thinking of this one earlier when I first posted) -

Does Zakrion have any romance conflicts? I'd imagine he'd butt heads with Anomen at the very least, given how Ajantis was handled in BG1, but I'm curious if he has conflicts with Dorn's romance or Rasaad's?

1 hour ago, Guest Respite said:

Gotcha, and one more question (please pardon me for not thinking of this one earlier when I first posted) -

Does Zakrion have any romance conflicts? I'd imagine he'd butt heads with Anomen at the very least, given how Ajantis was handled in BG1, but I'm curious if he has conflicts with Dorn's romance or Rasaad's?

No worries at all! 

He has romance conflicts with Anomen. As for Dorn and Rasaad, he registers the romance if it goes too far... but, going through his dialogues, I don't think he has a "final confrontation" or interjections in their romance. I suppose that needs to be rectified!