C/R's permitted druid spell in classic BGT, and also does racial enemy reset upon starting bg2 in classic bgt?

hi, in classic bg2 cleric / ranger multi class only can cast max lvl druid spells + cleric spells. i d like to play this way, but i need some mods like sword coast stratagem, tweak anthology and bg2 fixpack. i would like to know if those mods have patched this thing. the docs dont have explicit references to patching it and i am just double-checking. does it still work with those mods?

does the ranger's racial enemy carry over from bg1  when you transit to bg 2 contents if you play classic bgt?
 barring from importing a save, is the only way to get vamps as racial enemies in bg 2 part of classic bgt for example, by choosing them at the point of creating the character in bg1 part of the story? (so you can only have the racial enemies you chose at the beginning in candlekeep)

if i finish the bg1 part of bgt and import the save instead of doing that transition quest to start bg2 would there be bugs or issues (like those imported weapons not appearing)?

is it advisable to import a save you slew the final boss in bg1 instead of following that transition quest normally, so to be able to have different racial enemies in bg1 and bg2 part of classic bgt? or just use a save editor to manually craft your newly made save in bg 2 part into one that resembles being inherited from bg1

Edited by jacklhoward
4 hours ago, jacklhoward said:

does the ranger's racial enemy carry over from bg1  when you transit to bg 2 contents if you play classic bgt?

Yes... well, as the game just adds maps, the transit is just in game cinematic and a teleportation to a new/old BG2 start, there's no interface you can reset it at.

And you don't need the Tweaks to play the original way, which is what the cleric / ranger multi class is. But there is a tweak that can adjust this in the Tweaks mod. BUT YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL ANY NOR every single one of them, as everyone of them is a choise you get to make, during install. Talking about the -

Alter Ranger Spell Progression Table (previously known as Rangers Use Icewind Dale-Heart of Winter Spell Tables [grogerson])

-tweak. Just Skip it with S.

Also the G3 BG2Fixpack doesn't alter the game rules, like spell selections for classes, it just fixes a few of the originally broken scripts, and sets a few more of the creatures alignments to be a bit more lore accurate, that's the largest thing it "tweaks stuff" in.
And SCS generally doesn't touch the players own spells, except the anti magic ones. So no R/C spell table edits either here.

5 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Yes... well, as the game just adds maps, the transit is just in game cinematic and a teleportation to a new/old BG2 start, there's no interface you can reset it at.

And you don't need the Tweaks to play the original way, which is what the cleric / ranger multi class is. But there is a tweak that can adjust this in the Tweaks mod. BUT YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL ANY NOR every single one of them, as everyone of them is a choise you get to make, during install. Talking about the -

Also the G3 BG2Fixpack doesn't alter the game rules, like spell selections for classes, it just fixes a few of the originally broken scripts, and sets a few more of the creatures alignments to be a bit more lore accurate, that's the largest thing it "tweaks stuff" in.
And SCS generally doesn't touch the players own spells, except the anti magic ones. So no R/C spell table edits either here.

ty very much. i see it now.

how does importaing saves / chars in oBGT / oBG2 work? if you only play through bg1 midway or just doctor a bg 1 save with all the items can be imported to bg2 will that still work? basically after saverok, before finishing up the quest to transit to bg2, can you just export the char or save, and load from bg 2 char creation menu to choose racial enemies and proficienies again, then go starting bg 2? 

Edited by jacklhoward
On 11/22/2023 at 8:20 AM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Hi. sorry for troubling you again with questions.

If i install

"Alter Ranger Spell Progression Table (previously known as Rangers Use Icewind Dale-Heart of Winter Spell Tables [grogerson])" component from tweak anthology in classic BGT would I still keep the old, default c/r glitched behaviour, but with that icewind-dale ranger progression table as i want to take up a ranger  as npc? since it is hard-coded into the exe, i assume it will work without me doing anything, if i install the icewind ranger spell table from tweak anthology?

"

CamDawg — 11/22/2023 3:22 AM
In the originals it's hardcoded, so you'd need a special mod that modifies the exe like TobEx to change it. SCS, BG2FP, and Tweaks won't change it.

"

I would like to just confirm if that mean c/r's spell table won't be changed no matter what without an exe patcher, even if "Alter Ranger Spell Progression Table (previously known as Rangers Use Icewind Dale-Heart of Winter Spell Tables [grogerson])" or any other "soft-coded" mod

was chosen during installation?

Edited by jacklhoward
23 hours ago, jacklhoward said:

Hi. sorry for troubling you again with questions.

Here's an advice, that if you intend to do the opposite as you were told to do...
Test the install. That is, when you have a component you could like to install, you can install just that component during when you install others, but then quit out of the weidu process from going further with the Q + ENTER, when it asks input. Then test it in-game, and then see what you get. Start a new campaign with ranger/cleric multiclas character. After you have done the test, you can continue your mod installs as you like, and the installer will ask if you would like to alter the old(+ install new) or add in just new components... and you are safe to uninstall the old component.
So you can install all the mods step by step... and to do that, you just need to run the setup-modname.exe in the game directory again, that you already used.
The only real exception is the SCS. But that's because it's really not a single component thing, but a library of interdependent things, unlike many other mods. And it can take hours ... in a large install base.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola