[v35] IWD:EE container content duplicates and ghost items

Loot containers in the orc cave/intro have several duplicates of the same items inside, for example the chest with a piece of random loot had 4 rings inside of two different types (3 rings of the warrior and one of protection), and the chest with the wolf pelts had 4 sets of pelts. The two containers with spell scrolls in them do not have the scrolls and instead blank ghost items where the scrolls normally are.  The rest of the items inside are fine except for the duplicates.  The craftable morningstar piece from the ForgeIt mod (adds various loots to craft at vendors) in the chest with the wolf pelts appears normally.  All of the vendor junk items (jewelry, gems) had several duplicates.

I think the 'Wider availability of wizard spell scrolls in Icewind Dale' is probably a factor here, as I think it's the only thing that changes containers that I've changed since installing SCS.  I've been able to use this modlist prior to SCS with no container bugs.  Please forgive my limited knowledge, my modding expertise extends to modifying existing scripts and changing cast times.

OK, I can reproduce the item duplication but not the ghost items: the scroll items resolve correctly into real scrolls when opened in game. When you say there are blank ghost items, is that something you're seeing in Near Infinity or when you actually open the box?

Item duplication fixed locally, will be in 35.1.

If you want to hotfix it, open stratagems/iwdscroll/iwdscroll.tpa in a text editor and replace this block

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP ".*\.are" override
		LPF randomize_area_scroll END
	BUT_ONLY

FOR (level=1;level<9;++level) BEGIN
			PATCH_IF INDEX_BUFFER ("DWRNSC%level%")>=0 BEGIN
				LPF struct_read RET_ARRAY m=struct END
				LPF struct_clone STR_VAR struct=m type=container_item RET_ARRAY m=struct END
				LPF struct_write STR_VAR struct=m END
			END
		END
	BUT_ONLY

with this block

LPF randomize_area_scroll END
		PATCH_IF INDEX_BUFFER ("DWRNSC")>=0 BEGIN
			LPF struct_read RET_ARRAY m=struct END
			LPF struct_clone STR_VAR struct=m type=container_item match="INDEX (DWRNSC ~%s_resref%~)>=0" RET_ARRAY m=struct END
			LPF struct_write STR_VAR struct=m END
		END
	BUT_ONLY

1 minute ago, TotoR said:

There is something here about blank items: https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/files/2da/2da_tob/rndtreas.htm

And also here related to aurora on the same kind of topic: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/61008-random-treasure/

Thanks, but I know how these work (and they are working fine on my install) - I just need to know more about what zuulforrest is seeing.

I tried the hotfix and got the same result...  just for kicks I went to the Temple of Myrkul (AR3301) and had the same result in all of the containers.  The container that normally always has Invisibility in it also had ghost items in place of the scrolls.  The sarcophagus that has the broken junk armor had the purple tunic that FindIt adds like it should in addition to the duplicates and ghost scrolls.  To note, there are three extra items in these duplicates, so four total.

I also checked the beetle cave in Kuldahar pass, and the stuff on the ground was normal.  No duplicates or ghosts.

If it's working for you then it's got to be something in my load order conflicting, but I don't know what else I have that affects loot besides FindIt and ForgeIt, and those appear to be working normally.  (The orc cave has the ForgeIt morningstar piece in the main chest and the Temple of Myrkul has the FindIt tunic)

I have installed SCS in IWDEE 4 times now, and oddly enough the first installation worked correctly, sort of.  There were x3 total items, so two duplicates instead of three.  The scrolls were normal items, but there was three times as many, albeit random like they should be.  (More of them, but no duplicates)  I don't remember having anything different in the mod list.

WeiDU.log

Your first install sounds like it worked the way it did on mine (i.e., duplicate bug, but scrolls working correctly). I agree that this is probably a mod install order - you have quite a lot of things installed after SCS, which often leads to trouble. The 'ghost items' are hooks into the game's random-treasure table (rndtres.2da), so most likely some other mod has changed it.

Do you know how to do a WEIDU change-log? If so, run one on rndtres.2da.