Can't dual class

Ranger level 8 with the highlighted level up button (I can level up to 9 because I have 300.000 xp).

I want to dual class to cleric, but the button is black and I can't click it.

My current stats are:

do I take it's probably my wisdom too low? 

Edit: confirmed, needed 17.

Edited by Morgoth

Also of note - the way dual-classing works in the standard rules, it'll wipe out any XP past your current level so you're best off doing it immediately after leveling up.

The requirements for dual-classing are defined in two 2DA tables; ABDCDSRQ defines the stats needed to dual into a class or kit, while ABDCSCRQ defines the stats needed to dual from a class or kit. (And of course, in the standard rules, you're not allowed to dual-class into a kit)

So for that ranger/cleric combination, we'd look at the RANGER row in ABDCSCRQ (15 15 0 0 15 0) and the CLERIC row in ABDCDSRQ (0 0 0 0 17 0). Combine those, and the stats needed (in the standard rules) are 15 STR, 15 DEX, and 17 WIS.

Yup.

Some notes:

I dual classed in BG1 from level 9 (300.000 xp) but I almost finished the game. I need to do only Balduran's isle and kill Sarevok, so I doubt I will be able to get 300k xp back.

I didn't do most quests; I used the xp values from bg2 for both traps and spells.

Still the game was not played optimally (party of five), nor I've done many quests, nor I went into any house to lockpick because I played good.

Let's see how boring playing a castrated cleric is.

4 hours ago, Morgoth said:

Yup.

Some notes:

I dual classed in BG1 from level 9 (300.000 xp) but I almost finished the game. I need to do only Balduran's isle and kill Sarevok, so I doubt I will be able to get 300k xp back.

I didn't do most quests; I used the xp values from bg2 for both traps and spells.

Still the game was not played optimally (party of five), nor I've done many quests, nor I went into any house to lockpick because I played good.

Let's see how boring playing a castrated cleric is.

Or you could just:

C:SetCurrentXP("300000")
C:SetCurrentXP("0")

... and have far more fun.