[BGEE/SoD] More Issues and thoughts Pt 2

Very nice. So only left is the 20th of January report, as well as the possible issue with dragon breath I mentioned a few posts away. @Trouveur80 also has indicated that Chromatic Orb is misbehaving:

On 2/22/2024 at 10:22 PM, Trouveur80 said:

Looking at SPWI18 with Near Infinity, all 6 levels of the spell are affected with no damage if the save is successful.

And then onto the (much longer) list for BG2EE. Exciting stuff. Endless bug squashing is the favorite activity for developers 🐛

Aaaand finally, the January 20th thread.

On 1/20/2024 at 7:01 AM, RoyalProtector said:

Faerie Fire (Avenger) seems to work but in daylight it says "Faerie Fire is ineffective in daylight". However, nothing in documentation explains this, and I don't think it malfunctioned in any way.

The documentation should say, and on my current install does say, "Faerie Fire has no effect in full daylight." This wasn't working properly; it's fixed locally and will be in beta 8.

• Strength of Stone doesn't work. That is, STR is not modified. Additionally, the description states that it's a caster-only spell, but it is not, you can cast it on others.
  • Baby Wyverns poison is actually 5 poison damage per second, and not the advertised 1 poison damage per second.

Fixed locally, will be in beta 8.

Maybe I'm missing something but maybe there's no point in disabling quickslots while shapeshifted? Because you can use everything there from the inventory menu.

Good point; removed as of beta 8.

would also like to note that in many ways, the "upgrade" of the Avenger from Hunting Spider to Sword Spider is a downgrade, because they lose the poison, and poison is generally very powerful. (Speaking for myself, I would have said no, if upgrade was a choice). Unless this is a mistake and they're supposed to just do 2d4 damage as per the description (in which case, I would consider this form worse than all the others, barring immunity to web which could be useful in a small handful of situations). But then, the wyvern would overlap with spiders in features, although I think the Wyvern is better in every way, except APR.

So, firstly; yes, it's a bug that hunting spiders get poison. The documentation is as intended; the poison is removed as of beta 8.

As far as balance is concerned, I agree this is not 100% satisfactory as yet. The hunting spider form is gained two levels before baby wyvern, but I agree that once you've got baby wyvern then the spider form is outclassed. I think sword spider is okay compared to wyvern: the APR advantage is non-trivial and many creatures are immune to poison. 

Maybe the hunting spider could be immune to poison, even if not able to poison with its attack ? Or have three attacks ?

I was also wondering if at higher level the forms could evolve again, like greater wyvern, astral phase spider and winter bear like the one in Durlag's Tower ?

As far as avenger is concerned, I also spot something weird on his shapeshifting ability description, namely it still mentioned fire salamander.

Avenger.jpg

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

it still mentioned fire salamander.

Oops, nice, I didn't notice that.

55 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

I was also wondering if at higher level the forms could evolve again, like greater wyvern, astral phase spider and winter bear like the one in Durlag's Tower ?

I mentioned this before too, I don't like shapes being outclassed definitively and permanently by others in late game. So I'm 100% in favor of this. Perhaps feats to improve shapes, much like the ones to improve elemental shapes would be nice. It would be a way of focusing your druid in shapeshifting. That is really cool as far as I'm concerned.

3 hours ago, DavidW said:

Aaaand finally, the January 20th thread

Nice! Time for the BG2EE list I suppose? Unless you're planning to release Beta 8 soon to address other more foundational issues?

Edited by RoyalProtector
7 hours ago, RoyalProtector said:

Nice! Time for the BG2EE list I suppose? Unless you're planning to release Beta 8 soon to address other more foundational issues?

That's the plan. yes - I might get to a few of the easier BG2 ones but I want to get beta 8 out fairly soon.

Posted (edited)

I installed ToF Beta 9, and the subraces component installed with warnings.

I spotted several "no backup made" issues, and also

"SFO warning: UI edit to ui.menu (object=CHARGEN, object_type=menu, patch=ui_edit_biography_helper) has made no change"

(Actually, nevermind, it's probably because I forgot to install the DLC Merger first, I should set my backup with that installed already)

Okay after installing that first I still spotted

"SFO warning: UI edit to ui.menu (object=CHARGEN, object_type=menu, patch=ui_edit_biography_helper) has made no change"

"SFO warning: Entry aasimar in table DW_TALENTS/subrace/data/planetouched_race.2da already exists in table override/SODRACE.2da; will be skipped."

Edited by RoyalProtector