[Beta3] All Locks (at least in CK) Can Be Bashed Open w/ Any Strength

I started a new game with a Totemic Shaman (18 Strength). I could bash the lock with the sapphire. I could bash every lock in Winthrop. I have an install with just base EET installed. On a Mac I can then quickly copy the folder and test different installs.

Anyhow, I did a quick install with only ToF (no other mods except EET). I started a new game with a bard (10 strength). I could successfully bash all locks. I tested without ToF installed and couldn't bash the locks except the first two as per normal with decent strength.

**UPDATE** Tested with a few components from ToF installed, but not Revised Ability Scores and I could NOT bash the locks with the same low strength Bard.

Edited by haze

So the action here happens in ability/make_str_payload.tpa; that's where the tables for what strength does are updated. For lock-bashing and weight limit, this is the actual update:

PATCH_IF VARIABLE_IS_SET $bend_bars("%str%") BEGIN
					SET_2DA_ENTRY row 3 5 $bend_bars("%str%")
				END
				PATCH_IF VARIABLE_IS_SET $weight_limit("%str%") BEGIN
					SET_2DA_ENTRY row 3 5 $weight_limit("%str%")
				END

Update the lock-bashing value, using a previously-defined array of lock-bashing values. Then update the lock-bashing value again, using a previously-defined array of weight limit values. Which are much higher. Oops. That second SET_2DA_ENTRY should change entry 4 in the row rather than entry 3.

That definitely accounts for strength 11 through 18; those are the values in the 2DA file used to build the bend_bars and weight_limit arrays earlier in this tpa. I'm not sure where things go wrong for strength 10, though...

[Added in edit]

What does STRMOD.2DA look like for you? It should be in the override, and that's a human-readable text format - no special tools required to read it.

Edited by jmerry