[v35.9] No skill/icon to use prepared sequencers from "Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities"

I have an issue using the sequencers after their preparation. There is no icon to use them in innate abilities or in spellbook, but the sequencer buff on the character is present and I can see what spells are prepared by clicking "Contingency" button in spellbook. After resting, the "Prepare .." skills just reappear. I thought that maybe there is some compatibilty issue, but I reinstalled the game, installing only this module (no other mods) and it's still happening:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4250 // Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities: 35.9

I can also start new ToB game and choose one of the sequencers during character creation and learn them. Sequencers used this way work as intended - after casting from spellbook they show in innate abilities and I can use them.

Guest Nightfall

I'm running into the same issue. Innate Sequencers (of all 3 flavors) are, as Khagrin described, can be prepared, but can't be used. Innate contingencies seem to work as intended.

Guest RandomMage

Btw, why Sorcs were exluded? Is it due to balancing or because of bugs? Started a sorc run, and found out that no more innate sequencers or contingencies for me... 😞

Balancing. It would be far easier to include sorcerers than to exclude them, as trueclass sorcerers and trueclass mages use the same ability table. As it is, it requires some complicated ability design to grant the abilities to mages without also granting them to sorcerers.

Guest RandomMage
On 2/4/2024 at 7:27 AM, jmerry said:

Balancing. It would be far easier to include sorcerers than to exclude them, as trueclass sorcerers and trueclass mages use the same ability table. As it is, it requires some complicated ability design to grant the abilities to mages without also granting them to sorcerers.

Oh, makes sense. It would be too OP for sorc of course. It was good while it lasted, though. ^_^

And yeah, looks like the component is indeed bugged. I tried it on a new clean install -> the sequncer preparation works, but there is no way to cast it. No icon anywhere.

Tried a normal sequencer on my sorc -> it works as intended. So it's something about the component itself.

Same here. And it looks like it prevents mages from learning sequencers via scrolls... so basically, I have a run where my mages are locked from using sequencers in any form.

Is it possible to disable this component mid game? Is it safe? Kinda sucks tbh, I'm pretty far in the campaign already to start over.

Reproduced and fixed locally. That was dumb: I wasn't creating the secondary spells. Sorry about that.

Hotfix: either 

(1) if you haven't already installed, or are relaxed about reinstalling, drop the attached file into stratagems/gameplay, then install.

(2) if you don't want to reinstall (e.g. you're part way through a run), copy the text below into the very bottom of 'setup-stratagems.tp2'. Then run setup-stratagems.exe and select the 'sequencer hotfix' component (it's not in any group, so you can say 'no' to all groups). (Or just do setup-stratagems --force-install 50000 at the console.)

BEGIN "sequencer hotfix" DESIGNATED 50000

ACTION_FOR_EACH trigger IN MINOR_SEQUENCER SPELL_SEQUENCER SPELL_TRIGGER BEGIN

OUTER_SPRINT old_resref EVAL "%WIZARD_%trigger%%"
	OUTER_SPRINT new_resref EVAL "%INNATE_PREPARE_%trigger%%"
	   ACTION_TO_UPPER new_resref
	   COPY_EXISTING "%old_resref%D.spl" "override/%new_resref%D.spl"
		LPF ALTER_EFFECT STR_VAR match_resource="%old_resref%" resource="%new_resref%" END
		LPF ALTER_EFFECT STR_VAR match_resource="%old_resref%D" resource="%new_resref%D" END
	   COPY_EXISTING "%old_resref%P.spl" "override/%new_resref%P.spl"
		LPF ALTER_EFFECT STR_VAR match_resource="%old_resref%" resource="%new_resref%" END
		LPF ALTER_EFFECT STR_VAR match_resource="%old_resref%P" resource="%new_resref%P" END
	   IF_EXISTS //EE only

END

If your mages have already tried and failed to cast a sequencer, you may need to use CTRL-R on them to clear out old-sequencer cruft.

innate_triggers.tpa

Great!

Incidentally:

On 1/29/2024 at 7:00 PM, khagrin said:

I can also start new ToB game and choose one of the sequencers during character creation and learn them.

This is a known limitation: the spells need to be available for sorcerers, which means they also turn up on the mage spell-select screen if you create a high-enough-level character. It's fixable (on EE) using the library of UI-editing functions that I built for Talents of Faerun, but the fairly extensive UI edits required seemed overkill here. (If SCS detects that they've already been installed, it'll block mages from learning sequencers.)