[v35.9] Bugs

This is for SCS version 35.9.

I installed the mod on BG:EE, (i.e., the first game.) 

I did NOT install any of three main IWD:EE components into BG:EE, (i.e., arcane spells, divine spells, bard songs,) ...

... EXCEPT component #2050,  "Icewind Dale-inspired tweaks to Baldur's Gate/Baldur's Gate II spells", which I DID install.

The problem: the mod still offered me the option to install this component:

Revised Elementals: Requires either IWDEE or a mod (SCS, SoM, ToF, or IWDification) that introduces the IWD spells into BGEE or BG2EE.

Which should have required an IWD:EE component, (arcane spells, divine spells, or bard songs,) which I did not install.  (I chose not to install the "Revised Elements" component, even though it was offered to me.)

Components from Sword Coast Stratagems (SCS) and A7 Hidden Gameplay Options have a graphical conflict:

In the Gameplay options menu, the "FINE-TUNE DIFFICULTY" button overlaps with/is obstructing the "FRAME RATE" slider control.  A screen capture of the Gameplay options menu is attached.  The overlapping problem is right in the center of the screen.

• The "FINE-TUNE DIFFICULT" button was added by the SCS mod v35.9.

• The "FRAME RATE" button" was added by the A7 Hidden Gameplay Options mod v4.6.

• The "UI SETTINGS" button was added by the Dragonspear UI++ mod v2.42, which I believe is no longer being maintained or updated.  I am using the Dragonspear UI.

• Screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.

• Also posted to: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64524/mod-reveal-hidden-gameplay-options-for-all-ee-games-patched-to-v2-0-or-higher/ (on page 9)

•  Suggested fix: for A7 (author of Hidden Gameplay Options), move the "FRAME RARE" slider out of the overcrowded Gameplay menu into the Graphics menu that is mostly empty and has lots of space. 

And do not add any more slider or button to the Gameplay option menu.  It is already full.

Gameplay Menu.jpg

Edited by ktchong
On 2/1/2024 at 5:10 PM, DavidW said:

Thanks, very helpful - will check.

You do not have to fix the interface issue (overlapping slider bar and button) with A7 Hidden Gameplay Options.  The problem is Dragonspear UI++ added the "UI SETTINGS" button,  then Stratagems added the "FINE-TUNE DIFFICULTY" button, and then finally A7 added the "FRAME RATE" slider bar; which overcrowd the middle panel in the "Gameplay" option menu.

IMO, the best solution is for A7 to move the "FRAME RATE" slider bar out of the "Gameplay" menu and into the "Graphics" menu.  Adjusting the frame rate is supposed to be a graphical option, not really a gameplay one.  The middle panel in the "Graphics" menu has only one slider bar "FONT SIZE" and nothing else, (i.e., no button,) so it has plenty of empty space. 

Anyway, I already posted on the Beamdog forums and gave the suggestions.  It should be a simple fix.

Edited by ktchong