[Beta 7] [BGEE] Improved NPC management component gives too much XP

Guest YLL

EXP boost also happens on multi-class player's character but not on single or triple-class ones.

To recreate the issue just have BGEE with only DLC merger and "improved NPC customization" component installed. Open a new game with a multi-class character like a cleric/mage. Check player on status page and both classes get 1000 exp.

Another similar issue is when dual-classing, the new class will instantly get enough exp to level up and exceed old class level.

I can reproduce the multi-class problem (it happens on low-level characters, I guess I was testing with rather more XP) and have fixed it locally. To hotfix, drop the attached file into the dw_talents/leveller folder.

I can't reproduce the other two, but I suspect that's because they had the same cause and so got fixed en passant.

leveller_lua.tph

Guest YLL

Thanks DavidW, that Hotfix repaired the multi-class exp problem.

The dual-class issue is still present with Imoen. (Tested it with Imoen and Safana but only happens on Imoen.)

With the same install (BGEE with only DLC merger and "improved NPC customization" component installed), open a new game and have Imoen join at ch1. Level her up one level and begin dual-class to mage. Once the process finishes, she will get 90000 exp.

On 2/25/2024 at 9:00 PM, Guest YLL said:

With the same install (BGEE with only DLC merger and "improved NPC customization" component installed), open a new game and have Imoen join at ch1. Level her up one level and begin dual-class to mage. Once the process finishes, she will get 90000 exp.

Heh. That's Imoen-specific. I'm guessing you're on SoD? My code is struggling with the fact that there are both mage/thief and straight thief versions of Imoen in the game. (It will struggle for EET too.)

I need to think a bit as to how to resolve that. In the meantime, a quick hotfix is to open override/m_dw_lvd.lua in notepad or Near Infinity and delete the line that starts 

dwLevellerDualClass['imoen']