Claim on reddit - truth or lie?

12 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

NGL the entire idea of "Imoen Romance" turns me off, to the point that I honestly haven't even investigated what, exactly it contains. Romance? With Imoen? No thank you, sir.

(It's not just about that particular mod - I don't think Imoen is actually Charname's sister according to any reasonable definition of the term. But I install mods that turn off all romances, period. I'm bothered by the very idea of the way "romances" play out in the very short course of these games. In fact, in my current game I have been a bit concerned that there is a bug because Neera went from reliably and frequently interjecting to complete, stony silence. But I think it is just that the "no romances" mod stopped her from continuing her talks - I guess Beamdog only included romantic banters for her, and no friendship track? Which is rather stupid.)

For what its worth, there's also a friendship track for that mod. What I played of it (the SoA portion) was pretty good. Though I think Imoen herself does have a potential romance if you go this route. *shrugs*

49 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

NGL the entire idea of "Imoen Romance" turns me off, to the point that I honestly haven't even investigated what, exactly it contains. Romance? With Imoen? No thank you, sir.

(It's not just about that particular mod - I don't think Imoen is actually Charname's sister according to any reasonable definition of the term. But I install mods that turn off all romances, period. I'm bothered by the very idea of the way "romances" play out in the very short course of these games. In fact, in my current game I have been a bit concerned that there is a bug because Neera went from reliably and frequently interjecting to complete, stony silence. But I think it is just that the "no romances" mod stopped her from continuing her talks - I guess Beamdog only included romantic banters for her, and no friendship track? Which is rather stupid.)

It's very much worth it. When it works, it is simply a wondrous mod, being extremely complex and offering unparalled options with Imoen and the vanilla Npcs. I think it's probably the most complex npc mod out there (I'm not joking).

WIth the complexity there are also bugs, sadly.

Also, the romance flaw you talk about is felt by me as well. But I'm still too curious to play them all.

And Imoen having attachment for you could have been a reality since you were in Candlekeep and you shared much time together  - in fact the mod gives you some dream sequences where you can see that something was cooking in the air ... 

Even discounting both the romance and friendship tracks, it gives her *so* many unrelated interjections, banters and interactions, all of it good, that it makes it well worth enough a install just to give her any content of her own.

But that's not that on topic, and I can only say I did the "tell the Watch to go in and duck off" during my first ToB playthrough. I forgot about all that, came back looking for the mage vendor, and SURPRISE DEMOGORGON ON YOUR FACE was really something, let me tell ya.

On 2/29/2024 at 8:29 PM, subtledoctor said:

I finished it for the third time today, given that I had a few issues with dialogues and so on. I absolutely recommend to play it.

Follow the following suggestions: 

1) In Throne of Bhaal, as soon as you do the first challenge, start talking with imoen (by clicking the "talk" button and using it on her).
2) Do it every time you do a new challenge.
3) Do not skip the Tavern talks (both in saradush and Amkethran, by clicking the relative option while talking to the innkeeper).
4) Try sleeping also in the pocket plane, there is a particular encounter with her that happened to me after fighting your evil doppelganger.
5) In my playthrough, the last talk related to the taint was about her resolve. Then you can unlock a cool ending.