Broken dialogues compendium

Playing original IWD with HoW and TotL

EDIT:

I'll keep this thread for reporting all broken/dialogues for the fixpack. For reference this is the fixpack version I'm plyaing with (plus other mods)

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~AB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auril's Bane Core Files
~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assorted Fixes: v10
~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Game Text Update: v10
~IU_IWD/SETUP-IU_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale: v6
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #100 // Malavon's Golems: v11
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #200 // Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest: v11
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #300 // Marketh's Ring: v11
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #400 // Presio's Duel: v11
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #500 // Orrick's Rhino Beetle Shield: v11
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #600 // The High Baptist's Flock: v11
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #700 // Actual Shadows in Vale of Shadows [Graion Dilach]: v11
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Minor Item Restorations: v11
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Restored Random Drops: v11
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Make Magic Shields Glow [plainab/grogerson]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons [Lava] -> Only replace icons that aren't already unique: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Remove Annoying Visual Effects from Equipped Items -> Remove blur effect: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons [Angel]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2152 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> Allow armor plus one protection item [Angel]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of both methods: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2410 // Druids Use 3E Alignment Restrictions: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2500 // Exceptional Strength Weight Limit Changes [sarevok57]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3242 // Friendly Random Drops -> Exchange with merchants: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3250 // Never Lose Access to Orrick the Gray's Trade Goods: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3310 // Start New Games with Party AI Turned Off: v16

In Kuldahar pass, at the entrance of the mill, there is a Crazy Goblin Marshal who complains about headaches if you talk to him (dialogue file: DGOBLINC)

There seems to be a path ("Uh, You speak common?" followed by "What's wrong with you" that should give you an additional dialogue for evil aligned characters to say they experience the calling too.

The alignment check is for 0x03 which according to ALIGNMEN.IDS is an the mask for Evil. Yet to matter what evil character I speak to him with (LE, NE, CE), I never seem to get this option.

Is this something for the Fixpack, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Edited by ZFR

Ooh, this one is subtle. The game is expecting an integer number or an IDS reference--it's not properly recognizing the hex number as a number and treating it like it's a symbol. Swapping it to "3" or "MASK_EVIL" makes it work.

In the same area, in the tower where you encounter ogre Ghereg (AR2003), he has another missing dialogue path (DOGRE)

If you talk with a ranger, you can choose "What's wrong with your head?" followed by "Ghereg, I suggest you leave this area...". After that there is supposed to be another possible response for Paladins ("It is my duty as a soldier of faith...") that is never visible, because the only path to reach it requires you to be a ranger, while the line itself requires you to be a paladin.

I think that the check on the line "Ghereg, I suggest you leave this area..." should be for paladin and ranger. The tone of the line fits both.

• Kuldahar Townie (DKUTOWNG)

These townies should have some rumors to say if you go to the dialogue line "What did you want to know about Kuldahar?  Or did you want to know what's been going on *around* Kuldahar?"

Unfortunatly one rumor, a funny story, about Weenog the goblin, never gets said because the wrong variable is checked. Global("Easthaven_Rumor", "GLOBAL", 7) instead of "Kuldahar_Rumor". This causes the line "Can you tell me anything about the Spine of the World?" and the Weenog rumor not to appear (The wrong global variable is also in SetGlobal("Easthaven_Rumor", "GLOBAL", 0) which should cause the rumors to reset).

• CDRNDM1/2 (Introduced by Friendly Random Drops)

A really small nitpick. "Hello again Flynn" should be "Hello again, Flynn". With a comma. "Let's eat Grandpa" vs "Let's eat, Grandpa".

• DORRICK (changes made by Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale)

Orrick is supposed to make only one of yeti armor and wolf pelt cloak. However you can get him to make multiple copies of one of them. For example, after he makes a yeti armor for you, you can choose the "Mirek mentioned you may be able to do something with these winter wolf pelts." then "How about yeti pelts?" and thus get the Yeti armor dialogue again.

• DOSWALD (changes made by Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale)

After Oswald finishes checking your Girdle of Gond, come back to him without enough money. You'll get the "That sounds interesting, but you'll have to give me some time to raise that much gold." dialogue option.

This dialogue can be repeated an infinite amount of times, and every time you get a new free original Girdle of Gond. A Global("CDOswaldItem","MYAREA",...) check should be added.

Not sure if this qualifies for Fixpack (whether it fixes spelling mistakes too), but journal entry of Strref 2052, the one after completing Temple of the Forgotten God, has the following:

"We penetrated the inner sanctum of the Temple of the Forgotten God only to find that someone had gotten their before us..."

'their' should be 'there'.

• DCAPVIL

This is for generic captured (adult) villager of level 1 of Dragon's eye. There are 2 random text dialogues that never get said.

"We're going to die in here unless someone kills those... things."

"I'm scared out of my wits, I am."

They have a weight of 19 and 20 respectively. This means that "I'll never go up in these mountains again, that's for sure." which has weight 18 and condition True() always get chosen instead.