Bug with Imoen Romance

Using this mod with Imoen Romance, sadly, makes the imoen cutscene in Saradush tavern hang when selecting the option "spend some quality time with Imoen"

101% sure and replicated with two different playthroughs where I actually changed the install order of my mod list made of.... Two mods!

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~YOSHIMOSREMORSE/YOSHIMOSREMORSE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yoshimo's Remorse: v3.1.1
~IMOENROMANCE/SETUP-IMOENROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Imoen NPC Romance Mod for BG2:SoA TOB (4.1.0 Version!): 4.1.0

Savegame here: 

000000085-Hector.rar

Edited by Morgoth

I checked and it's not Yoshimo's Remorse. I installed Imoen Romance only, and got rid of Yoshimo entirely from the team and the bug still happens. I can tell you how to fix it, but it must be something in the game or Imoen Romance itself that causes the problem.

There is some dream script that tried to fire in there. If you try to rest right before that scene, the tavern window will disappear (no matter if Yoshimo is there or not), as if something was supposed to happen. Some dream? Or maybe Imoen was supposed to approach you? I have no idea what, to be honest. It happens only once, and if you try to rest and THEN use the Tankard Tree option to spend some time with Imen, everything works as it should. That's because that script uses RestParty() which also tries to fire that unknown something mid-cutscene.

So since it's not Yoshimo-related, you do not need to get rid of him, just try resting first, the unknown script will try to fire some scene for Player1, and then use the quality time option - with or without Yoshimo in the team, it doesn't matter.

Found it! It's that script that's stopping the talk and the CutScene that ends the scene in the Tankard Tree:

IF
	Global("HadJonDream2","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("HaveNotHadAnyImoenDreams","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("HaveNotHadAnyImoenDreams","GLOBAL",1)
		SetGlobalTimer("ImoenDreamRomance1","GLOBAL",ONE_DAY)
END

Your savegame matches those exact variables. I tried setting the variable to Global("HaveNotHadAnyImoenDreams","GLOBAL",1) and it all works fine. That confirms that these are actually two scripts from Imoen Romance that conflict with each other, it's not Yoshimo's Remorse. So it's kinda... not 101% thing, because apparently Imoen Romance may have a conflict with Imoen Romance 😛

Edited by Lava

Thanks really a lot. I appreciate you taking the time to help me ❤️

You wouldn't believe it, but I had a lot of issues with banters not firing in Imoen romance, but after you helped me with this, it seems like everything went perfectly. I appreciate it ❤️

Posted (edited)

Okay, finished the mod. Thanks for it.

I have to admit that this feels to me as a second "take" on what could happen to him (in my mind Ilmater would already forgive him after you brought his heart to his temple).

I appreciated that you can have such an impact on him with this mod.

Found only one text error, and one "no valid replies or links".

See here:  

Slaugher = slaughter

Baldur 2024-03-02 09-23-04-15.jpg

Edited by Morgoth