Spirit Trolls

SCS Insane double damage - latest version - 35.6
Are there any plans to nerf them a little bit? I'm not sure if this level of damage should be spammed around from just almost every single group of trolls in Druid Grove. In D'Arnise Hold for some reason it's bearable a little bit more - dunno the reason. Maybe narrower corridors? What are the thoughts around this particular monster in scs? My Minsc just dissappeared from 88 fire dmg.. I can mitigate fire damage, but what about unholy smite? greater command? Arent these guys just a little bit too much for this stage of the game?

Never had opportunity to say big thanks for this mod, it's a life changer and made this game again fun for me after 20 years. I'm so grateful!

image.png.9483c6e4f0350be5f5f981fcd2943adb.png

Hero we needed, but we weren't aware since we are turnip hating scums.. honestly hastened fire elementals did the job but Jan still standing proud.. anyway.. I just have impression that it might be a LITTLE bit too much for this phase of the game..

Well, you get a warning that the mod is not made with double damage in mind. That being said, 3 spells in total and you're good to go: protection from fire, chaotic commands, protection from magical energy. If the character isn't good aligned, you don't even need PfME. Honestly Spirit Trolls are exp piniatas if anything.

20 minutes ago, Anterwaare said:

That being said, 3 spells in total and you're good to go: protection from fire, chaotic commands, protection from magical energy. If the character isn't good aligned, you don't even need PfME.

And I didn't have much trouble with the Spirit Trolls even in my run with no spellcasting at all. You see, spirit trolls have no defensive spells whatsoever. Trolls are immune to most crowd control effects so that's not an option against them, but all you have to do is put a little elemental damage on and their spells are disrupted. The Greater Commands are likely to get through because that spell casts so quickly, but you can build for excellent spell saves even pretty early in the game; my second spirit troll encounter in that no-casting run (after the first disrupted the troll's spell) had a Greater Command hit the full party and only bring down one member (Keldorn, most vulnerable at a 20% chance of failing his save).

That party did try to focus down spirit trolls first whenever they showed up, of course. They are dangerous if you don't disrupt them.

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

If you use double damage you’re on your own, I’m afraid!

So i thought, thank you once again for a beautiful mod <3. I'm getting back to struggles. I know its not balanced around double damage yet with it every fight feels so good when won, there is no coming back :D

1 hour ago, jmerry said:

And I didn't have much trouble with the Spirit Trolls even in my run with no spellcasting at all. You see, spirit trolls have no defensive spells whatsoever. Trolls are immune to most crowd control effects so that's not an option against them, but all you have to do is put a little elemental damage on and their spells are disrupted. The Greater Commands are likely to get through because that spell casts so quickly, but you can build for excellent spell saves even pretty early in the game; my second spirit troll encounter in that no-casting run (after the first disrupted the troll's spell) had a Greater Command hit the full party and only bring down one member (Keldorn, most vulnerable at a 20% chance of failing his save).

That party did try to focus down spirit trolls first whenever they showed up, of course. They are dangerous if you don't disrupt them.

Thank you so much for your take. I see that first of all you need proper level, second haste, third good summons, forth good damage output. So altogether you basically need the same as everywhere else :)
ps. also micro with your team properly. One day i will be less noob. One day, Boo..