4-17-2024 status update

I've been able to put a good bit of work into the changes/rework of this mod since the last update, and while I haven't been able to make as much progress as I would like (which pretty much never happens :) ),  I've gotten a good portion of the first component, importing more SoD items in a similar manner as how Beamdog did, completed.

I'm at the point where I am placing the items, and it's been a slog.  It's much more scripting, and far less of just being able to "copy_existing" and add the item.  Annnnnnnd, I keep running into snags during testing that have to be corrected as I go.  One lesson I had to re-learn, the hard way, is that when adding items to containers/creatures using scripts, you really have to pay attention to the actual string-name as opposed to just the filename.  They don't always match, and you gotta go by the string-name when doing this stuff via in-game scripts.

For example:  I just spent the last hour trying to figure out why in the hell the cloak of minor arcana was not showing up on Mekrath's corpse.  I checked all my syntax and didn't see anything wrong.  tried over, and over.  At first, I thought it was just me killing mekrath so fast that the script didn't complete in time.  This is something that can happen when you are teleporting around using cheats and godbows.  If you want proof of this - try doing it with Tazok.  If you teleport into Firkraags lair, then pop back out and kill him real quick, the Dragon Blade +3 will not be on him, even if all the correct flags for the import are set.  That said, these are extreme examples and should never show up during real gameplay.

Back to Mekrath and the Cloak:  After getting myself frustrated to no end, I looked over his .cre file in NI, then looked at the name one last time, and thought "wait a minute... does the same shit that applies to container names in scripts apply to creatures?".  Sure enough, it does... ugh.  Lesson learned....again

P.S. - Or at least it *CAN*.  Good grief sometimes it just comes down to trial and error.

Edited by Daeros_Trollkiller