Game Window after modding wont show up.

Hey everyone,

today I started to mod the BGEE for the fist time in my life. I always wanted to romance Ajantis and now I can. But I encounter some problems.

First I merged, then I installed BG1NPC, then Road to Discovery and afterwards Ajantis Romance mod.
These are the ones. But now, when I want to start the game, the Gamewindow wont show up. (and I guess, this happenes after I installed Road to Discovery)...

Can anyone help me please solving this problem? Or tell me maybe, how to deinstall Road to Discovery?

I would really appreciate it ;)

Thanx - Silva

Please post the contents of your weidu.log here. Which game / OS are you on?

Game not starting can be related to text strings not being in the right format. The mods you are listed are quite stable, though, so I'd be surprised if there is still scrambled text formats in one of them.

Why do you think your problem is because of Road to Discovery?

Because it obviously is. I reinstalled the Game, merged and installed  just BG1NPC and the Ajantis mod - and now the game starts and I dont have any problems. The Game starts and the partybanter is not bugged.

What language version did you install?

The problems you described at BeamDog's (Link) are surely not because of Road to Discovery. Sounds more like you played the game in a different language than you installed the mods to.

Î am playing in German and as far, as I know, I installed it in German too.
Now I didnt install Road of Discovery - and the Game-Window shows up. So I guess it has something to do with Road to Discovery. Maybe with the fact, that I said in the installation-Process: Install everything, that is missing. Maybe that is the point.

It depends on what else you did in your tries to debug your install. If your first problem was Invalid numbers for texts, then that's not Road to Discovery but an install error. It also means that the game started - which also means that it can't be a text format error that prevents starting of the game, because otherwise the game wouldn't have started at all. Between having Invalid numbers for text and the game not starting at all, what did you do in your tries to fix it? What did you change, edit, reinstall - which might have lead to the problem of the game not starting at all?

I checked before publishing the mod version and I just installed Road to Discovery German version and checked again with Near Infinity: no text format errors, game starts without problems.

So in conclusion: I believe that for you, it didn't work with RtD installed and now it works. It still doesn't mean that RtD is responsible for the problems you encountered.

Ok - I see. I will try again later to reinstall road to discovery. Now the game is working so far. But the problem was, that the gamewindow just didn't appear, although the game was running (I play the steam-version).

For reinstallation (since I didn't know how to do it better) I cleared the Folder, where the executable was in, reinstalled everyting and now it works.

With IE modding, it's usually best to start with a complete new game folder (either a clean copy or delete and redownload the game). This prevents from having any remnants. The merging process for example can leave remnants which prevent it from merging properly (although it tells it did).

With the Ajantis mod, RtD would be great because the SoD Ajantis needs the variables for his dialogues about the game events. (The main component of RtD, to be precise). I'm biased of course but I think that installing all of RtD also makes SoD more enjoyable.

You could make a copy of your game folder and install RtD there to check. (Having a copy of the game for modding is recommended anyhow, in case you are not aware).

Thank you for your interest in my mods, the Ajantis romance especially, and I hope everything works out.