with either SR or SR revised, is tobex 28's "drop item upon disintegration,petrification and freezing " needed?

Posted (edited)

hi.

with either SR or SR revised, is it still necessary to apply tobex's "items are dropped upon disintegration, freezing or petrification" if you want to use these kinds of spells, abilities, wands or weapons with gore option on? , 

(without item revision mods though as id like to play them as they are )

do the tobex and sr or sr revised conflict in terms of how they were implemented?

also readme of tobex 28 afterlife mentions this option has a "compatibility issue" but is not specified and i cannot find more on it. does anyone know if its safe from glitches and bugs to turn on that "drops items upon disintegrate, freezing and petrification" via tobex 28?

Edited by jacklhoward
Posted (edited)

Yes. ToBEx fixes those problems on an engine level (i.e. it should catch every source), whereas SR just applies a global patch to petrification that should catch all vanilla-game but not necessarily all mod-added sources of petrification added after SR is installed (and it doesn't try to fix the disintegration and freezing issues - well, it changes the Disintegration spell to not actually use the disintegration effect, but any other source of disintegration that does use the disintegration effect would still destroy all items without the ToBEx fix). There's not really too much reason to not use those ToBEx fixes...not unless you want items to be destroyed, anyways.

No idea about the "compatibility issue", but I've used the latest version of ToBEx as well as ToBExAl and can't say I've ever noticed any glaring issue. I wonder if maybe there's an issue of those ToBEx components force-dropping creatures' inventories in a misapplied/inappropriate situation or something, but I'm really not sure, it'd be better to ask the mod author Insomniator...but I think they haven't logged back in since SHS went down for a number of months.

Edited by Bartimaeus
11 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yes. ToBEx fixes those problems on an engine level (i.e. it should catch every source), whereas SR just applies a global patch to petrification that should catch all vanilla-game but not necessarily all mod-added sources of petrification added after SR is installed (and it doesn't try to fix the disintegration and freezing issues - well, it changes the Disintegration spell to not actually use the disintegration effect, but any other source of disintegration that does use the disintegration effect would still destroy all items without the ToBEx fix). There's not really too much reason to not use those ToBEx fixes...not unless you want items to be destroyed, anyways.

No idea about the "compatibility issue", but I've used the latest version of ToBEx as well as ToBExAl and can't say I've ever noticed any glaring issue. I wonder if maybe there's an issue of those ToBEx components force-dropping creatures' inventories in a misapplied/inappropriate situation or something, but I'm really not sure, it'd be better to ask the mod author Insomniator...but I think they haven't logged back in since SHS went down for a number of months.

ty very much!