Xbox One S Controller Support for EET?

Hey y'all, I'm new here. Is there a way to play the Enhanced Edition Trilogy mod with an Xbox One S controller? Me and my girlfriend are trying to get into the first two Baldur's Gate games together after we got hooked with Baldur's Gate 3, but we both play Xbox primarily and I'm looking for a way to map an old Xbox controller to make it easier for us.

Posted (edited)

JoytoKey is probably going to be your best bet:

https://joytokey.net/en/

If you are playing through steam, check out the community controller profiles for the game, that might make it much easier for you than trying to do it manually.   Just enable steam input for the game from options->properties->controller and go to town. 

I absolutely love this feature on my Steam Deck.  Makes setting up gamepad controls for PC games that don't have support (or modern controller support), a breeze.  Heck, I managed to play through Ultima 6 on it this way.

Edited by Daeros_Trollkiller
On 5/3/2024 at 9:02 PM, Daeros_Trollkiller said:

JoytoKey is probably going to be your best bet:

https://joytokey.net/en/

If you are playing through steam, check out the community controller profiles for the game, that might make it much easier for you than trying to do it manually.   Just enable steam input for the game from options->properties->controller and go to town. 

I absolutely love this feature on my Steam Deck.  Makes setting up gamepad controls for PC games that don't have support (or modern controller support), a breeze.  Heck, I managed to play through Ultima 6 on it this way.

it can works but it will never be as good as a real native controller support  imo .   (no wheel and no way to control characters the way you can do in bg3)

Dragon age origin (pc version) is quite decent with JoytoKey

On 5/5/2024 at 3:06 AM, DrAzTiK said:

it can works but it will never be as good as a real native controller support  imo .   (no wheel and no way to control characters the way you can do in bg3)

Dragon age origin (pc version) is quite decent with JoytoKey

No doubt there.  That's why I brought up Steam input if that's an option.  It's much more user-friendly, imho, since you can save controller profiles (and even share them with the steam community), once you get a config you like for a game, you can save it, and always have it handy even if you upgrade to a newer PC, or have to reinstall things.  I just wish Valve would release a new standalone steam controller based on the controls for the Deck.  I've fallen in love with it's layout and capabilities.   It's the only modern controller layout for me that I can manipulate d-pad controls and analog controls in a way that feels natural and comfortable.  I know that's totally a subjective thing, but still...