A couple of suggestions

Guest Guest_SixOfSpades_*

Guest Guest_SixOfSpades_*

World Map Fixes: For that little added bit of realism, are changes of elevation taken into account when moving from one area to another? For example, Athkatla is at sea level, while the Umar and Windspear Hills are obviously in the highlands, so the journey there would take an hour or two longer than the trip back to town.

Morningstar Nonsense: Morning Stars have almost no similarities to Flails. In fact, they're pretty much identical to Maces. Suggestion: Make all Morning Stars use the Mace proficiency, and create a new class of weapon--the Nunchaku--to keep Flails company.

Nunchaku: 1D3+1 Blunt damage, does not add STR damage to hit.

May be wielded 1-handed or 2-handed. 1-handed version adds 1 ApR, when used with both hands adds 2 ApR.

Requires 6 STR, 15 DEX to use.

Proficiency: Flail

Usable by: Fighter, Monk (1-handed only), Bard, Thief, possibly Cleric.

World Map Fixes: For that little added bit of realism, are changes of elevation taken into account when moving from one area to another? For example, Athkatla is at sea level, while the Umar and Windspear Hills are obviously in the highlands, so the journey there would take an hour or two longer than the trip back to town.

No, I hadn't even considered elevation. Travel times are limited to multiples of four so we can't add just an hour or two to times.

Morningstar Nonsense: Morning Stars have almost no similarities to Flails. In fact, they're pretty much identical to Maces. Suggestion: Make all Morning Stars use the Mace proficiency, and create a new class of weapon--the Nunchaku--to keep Flails company.

Nunchaku: 1D3+1 Blunt damage, does not add STR damage to hit.

May be wielded 1-handed or 2-handed. 1-handed version adds 1 ApR, when used with both hands adds 2 ApR.

Requires 6 STR, 15 DEX to use.

Proficiency: Flail

Usable by: Fighter, Monk (1-handed only), Bard, Thief, possibly Cleric.

There were some weapon prof changes thrown around and discussed, but we haven't actually implemented anything yet. I'd rather leave the inclusion of new weapon types to Ashes of Embers, since it already covers this fairly well.

For the next version, how about eliminating the spell animations caused by items outside of combat? I mean seeing a big glowing sphere or having my PC flash psychodelic colors all the time is just plain annoying. With spells (and items that use it as an ability rather than a constant effect) it's necessary because it lets you know that the spell is active, with items that have it on all the time it's irritating.

Archived