Mod idea: a couple of small NPC

Garfield

Here is a mod I alreay started to devellop in my french modding community. It adds two NPC to the game.

Ginera an illusionist female gnome of neutral good alignement.

Str:8

Dex:18

Con:10

Int:19

Wiz:15

Cha:13

Total: 83

Her husband is joignable too. His name is Brenn, he is a lawful good halfling kensaï.

Str:16

Dex:19

Con:16

Int:10

Wiz:8

Cha:16

Total:85

For the moment, I only have the NPC done, plus two long swords for Brenn:

-Sparkle:

1d8+2

Immunity to charms

Can charm an humanoid for 15 seconds

-Vivid-iron (sounds better in french: Vif-Acier):

1d8+3

TAC0 +2

So I'd like to have your opinion about this idea. One thing worries me: some french people are not really keen on the halfling kensai, and think a thief would be more appropriate. As for me, a halfling thief is more stereotyped. Anyway...

What do you think of this mod?

Thanks

Hm, I agree that following stereotypes isn't a good reason to make a halfling a thief. On the other hand, breaking those stereotypes in this particular way, with a Lawful Good fighter, in the same game with Mazzy...I'm not sure that's a good idea, either.

I'm also dubious about both stats that get racial bonuses being maxed (the gnome with 19 Intelligence, the halfling with 19 Dexterity).

For the stats, you are right, this is too much. But I think I will keep the 19 in dex for Brenn. I lowered Ginera's dex and intellignece by 1, and increased her constitution by 2.

As for Brenn, I keep the stats except that I lowered his charisma by 1 point.

For the Lawful good, you are right too. I think in the way I'd like to devellop his personnality, lawful neutral should go well too. He is not especially seeking for good and justice, but he has a great sense of honor, discipline and method. For him, everything should be done in a way precedently defined. He is a hard workinf person, training each day to be one with his sword in a fight.

All of this allows to break the stereotype without copying Mazzy...

At least, I hope so...

Archived