Requesting help re: Spell

Guest Majestic

Guest Majestic

Hey guys

So far on this forum i've received very quick and to the point help, amazing to see from a game this old :)

I've tried to figure this out myself but have just not had any luck.

I am attempting to have my character cast a spell which will add electrical damage to the weapons of all members of the party for a time.

I am basing it off the chant spell since that targets all friendlies in the area, and the other effects I applied as test cases all worked (ie altering everyones intelligence).

However I have tried Bonus Damage Bonus, and Melee Weapon damage bonus, and I can't seem to affect the damage being dealt at all.

I am not 100% sure on what fields I would need to change to get electrical, putting the code for electrical damage in the Statistic modifier is what i tried first, then I realized the statistic modifier stores the actual value.

To see if I could just get SOME change, i tried putting an integer value in here, and setting the modifier type to "01", however this also seemed to have no effect on the damage dealt, when to my understanding it should have set it to 20.

It seems unlikely that I will be able to add electrical damage using this function now that I have explored it a bit, however it seems strange that I cannot add any damage at all.

So to summarize my two questions

1) Why is this function not generating any change in the damage dealt by my characters.

2) If I wanted a spell that added an electrical damage component to all melee attacks in the party, how would I go about it?

Any feedback is muchly appreciated :party:

Peace

-D

I'm sure someone will explain this better than me, but:

1) Why is this function not generating any change in the damage dealt by my characters.

You've probably filled in one of the fields wrong.

2) If I wanted a spell that added an electrical damage component to all melee attacks in the party, how would I go about it?

Make a new spell. Add an extension header. Add a feature block to that extension header, with the 'party' target type, using the "use eff" opcode, and set it to apply an .eff file. Create the eff, and use the "melee damage modifier" opcode.

NB. Check the projectile for the spell is set to one that will affect the party.

Or something... :)

Guest Majestic

Thanks for the reply.

The projectile is Chant, i've tested it and it is definitely effecting the whole party.

Could someone enlighten me as to which fields need to be filled in for the melee damage modifier? I tried every combination I could think of with no luck :)

Thanks for the help though :party:

Guest Majestic
Check SPIN680.spl - it uses Stat: Melee Weapon Damage Modifier [285] in the casting features section.

Strange, that is pretty much exactly what I had. I will try again I guess.

It seems you can only add to the damage of the weapon, rather than adding damage of varying sources (ie there appears to be no field ot modify the type of damage applied)

Thanks again.

You could use opcode 12 - Damage, and opcode 248 Set Melee Effect.

When the spell is cast, apply #248 to everyone in the party, with the resource key set to e.g. test.eff. Then in test.eff, you could use opcode 12 to apply the damage, allowing you to vary the damage type.

:)

Archived