I don't think this is working...

Guest Grand Dracolich

Guest Grand Dracolich

I'm not sure the Kivan of Shilmista Mod is working on my computer. I waited for 45 minutes for Kivan to show up, AND I looked in every building in the promenade. I tried to reinstall it, but I found an error that I never noticed before, when it gets to the Watcher's Keep part (I don't have ToB by the way), it says a few errors, and at the end of it it says to e-mail Kivan.Setup.Debug to gibberlings3. Nothing has changed since I installed it. I'm not trash talking the mod, I just really want to know whats wrong.

Yes, there are no provisions for a no-ToB install atm, unfortunately, so the mod might not have installed.

Could you open your override and let me know if you have P#KIVAN.CRE in it?

If the mod did not installed, I can then walk you through commenting ot the parts of the TP2 that prevent the mod from installing properly :)

Guest Grand Dracolich

There is no P#KIV thing (or whatever it's called). But there is a P#DEHER file in the override folder. And the error says: failure("resource [bAERIE25.dlg] not found for 'chain3'") and there are a ton of other errors.

The errors are due to the absence of ToB, and hence it did not install the mod. Please, open your Setup-Kivan.TP2 file in a text editor and put a couple of slashes (//) in front of the following lines:

COMPILE ~Kivan/d/BP#KIV25.d~

COMPILE ~Kivan/d/BP#DEH25.d~

Like this:

//COMPILE ~Kivan/d/BP#KIV25.d~

//COMPILE ~Kivan/d/BP#DEH25.d~

If, afterwards on install, it still gives you the error, please send me your debug to domi_sotto@gibberlings3.net

Thank you so much. It's working now. By the way, great mod.

Oh, and heres a tip in return: When you fight the Lich in the back room of the crooked crane (I do so at the start of the game), enter with one character, then leave, rest then come back. Any time he gets off a defense of a time stop, repeat it. It's the easiest way I've ever found.

Archived