TOOLTIP.2da

Galactygon

Something interesting I found out about TOOLTIP.2da (and is not stated in the current IESDP) is that you are not limited to 3 columns/abilities. I tried to add another column with a single string entry to an item... and it worked.

The only limitation, regarding the number of abilities an item may have are items that are equipped under the "quick items" slot (wands, rods, atc.). In that case, they may have more than 3 abilities, but only the first 3 will show when you right-click to switch between abilities.

-Galactygon

You can have more than 3 abilities if your item's abilities can be selected under the "Use Item" button rather than the quick item button. Examples of such items are rings and boots. I should be able to (I have not done it yet) give the Ring of Gaxx 20 abilities, as another example.

In items that have abilities chosen from the "Quick Item" slots (wands, etc.) may only have 3 abilities the player chooses from (by right-clicking on the item in the inventory screen). Similarly to kits, while they may have more than 3 abilities, only the first 3 show in the abilities window. I am guessing any number of abilities are possible, and the AI isn't limited to the first 3 abilities (since they can select item abilities via script).

-Galactygon

From what I remember, if an item has more than 3 abilities, then all of the rest abilities (after the third one) use the charges for the first ability. In other words, they cannot have charges on their own.

This could be interpreted as positive, since you can make an item use only a single set of charges for many abilities, assuming you place blank abilities for the second and third extended headers. I have not tested this, however.

-Galactygon

Archived