Mod won't install

Guest Guest_Sir Feat of Fantasy_*

OK. Egg all over my face and dripping on the keyboard time.

Macready suggested I was trying to install NPC into my BG2 rather than my Tutu folder, and he was correct. NPC installed into BG Tutu no problem.

In my defence I'll say that, not being aux fait with the way Tutu actually worked I believed that while it replaced my original BG1 folder it only drew on resources from the BG2 folder which therefore had to be present.

Thus the installation note in the NCP.exe set-up: "The BG1 NPC Project should be installed to your Baldur's Gate II game folder after the Tutu conversion." pointed me at the original BG2 installation NOT the new BG Tutu one.

Maybe you might like to consider revising this note being as how thickos like me are likely to misinterpret it!

But thanks for all your help. All working well now.

Hello -

OK.  Egg all over my face and dripping on the keyboard time.

You needn't feel embarrassed. EasyTutu is new and works a bit differently from standard Tutu.

Thus the installation note in the NCP.exe set-up:  "The BG1 NPC Project should be installed to your Baldur's Gate II game folder after the Tutu conversion."  pointed me at the original BG2 installation NOT the new BG Tutu one.

Since EasyTutu remains an unofficial variant in the realm of Tutu, BG1NPC's readme can't really be faulted here. However, since people have routinely used cloned installs for Tutu in the past, I think the wording could be changed to reflect the fact that the Tutu folder is not necessarily the same as the BG2 folder. Such a change would accomodate EasyTutu as well.

Anyway, glad to hear that you are sorted out.

Archived