Sheer F R U S T R A T I O N

Diana

I am beta testing Amazdora's Sir Neh'taniel. This is an undead Judicial Knight.

Point #1 - I mostly use GB-CLER.BS for my clerics and druids so they cast healing on the MostDamagedOf(Myself)

Being a wraith, Neh'taniel is scripted to be damaged by healing spells. What I was attempting to do is have the wraith run away from the in-party druid/cleric who cast healing spells on him. But the LastSeenBy trigger isn't registering and I can't figure out why. I know the trigger ANYONE doesn't work so I tried ANYTHING from the old TBG scripting tutorials. When I didn't have the two OR() checks which is crucial he at least turned invisible but still wouldn't run away. I could, of course, script PANIC() but he is in his right mind. With this code the clerics/druids cast the spells from their GB-CLER.BS and Neht does nothing. I tried a check for RunAwayFrom(Nearest(ALLY),30) before I put in the OR() check but I got a WeiDU parsing error. Any suggestions as I am STUMPED. I have Jaheira and Aerie in party so the class check should at least register.

Thanks.

IF

SpellCastOnMe([ANYTHING],CLERIC_CURE_LIGHT_WOUNDS)

OR(2)

Class(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_ALL)

Class(LastSeenBy(Myself),DRUID_ALL)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ApplyDamage(Myself,22,PIERCING)

DisplayStringWait(Myself,~Stop! Do Not!~)

ReallyForceSpell(Myself,"WIZARD_IMPROVED_INVISIBILITY")

RunAwayFrom(LastSeenBy(Myself),120)

END

I am beta testing Amazdora's Sir Neh'taniel.  This is an undead Judicial Knight.

Point #1 - I mostly use GB-CLER.BS for my clerics and druids so they cast healing on the MostDamagedOf(Myself)

Being a wraith, Neh'taniel is scripted to be damaged by healing spells.  What I was attempting to do is have the wraith run away from the in-party druid/cleric who cast healing spells on him.  But the LastSeenBy trigger isn't registering and I can't figure out why.  I know the trigger ANYONE doesn't work so I tried ANYTHING from the old TBG scripting tutorials.  When I didn't have the two OR() checks which is crucial he at least turned invisible but still wouldn't run away.  I could, of course, script PANIC() but he is in his right mind.  With this code the clerics/druids cast the spells from their GB-CLER.BS and Neht does nothing.  I tried a check for RunAwayFrom(Nearest(ALLY),30) before I put in the OR() check but I got a WeiDU parsing error.  Any suggestions as I am STUMPED.  I have Jaheira and Aerie in party so the class check should at least register.

Thanks.

IF

SpellCastOnMe([ANYTHING],CLERIC_CURE_LIGHT_WOUNDS)

OR(2)

Class(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_ALL)

Class(LastSeenBy(Myself),DRUID_ALL) 

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ApplyDamage(Myself,22,PIERCING)

DisplayStringWait(Myself,~Stop! Do Not!~)

ReallyForceSpell(Myself,"WIZARD_IMPROVED_INVISIBILITY")

END

You might try

SetInterrupt(FALSE)
   SetInterrupt(TRUE)

Archived