Did BAMs from BG2 works in BG1?

Creepin

I made a few attempts of assigning BG2 inventory bams, extracted with NI, to BG1 items.

Problem is that every time when I try to open inventory in BG1 with clua'ed in modified item game crashes. Why? :down:

I checked IESDP to find out that there's only one version of bam file format, so theoretically bams from different games should be compatible, right? :devil:

Edited: OK, to clarify situation: Amul20 works, while Belt06 causes CTD (but works if I put only .itm file in BG1 override without .bam file).

Many BG2 animations are compressed. BG1 does not support compression (it crashes when attempting to read such a BAM) so make sure you extract the BAMs uncompressed before trying to use then in BG1. NI will do this for you if you select the option to decompress the BAM before saving.

Many BG2 animations are compressed. BG1 does not support compression (it crashes when attempting to read such a BAM) so make sure you extract the BAMs uncompressed before trying to use then in BG1.

Just run a quick test with the same Belt06...

You was absolutely right, decompressed Ibelt06.bam works fine. Thank you for explanation :down:

Archived