Possible bug?

Guest Callie

Guest Callie

First of all, thank you Domi for making this incredible mod. Wonderful work. That just had to be said.

On to my problem. :down:

The last of the friendship talks just won't start. And it has been a really, really long time. I've tried using SK and setting the variable #PKIFRIENDTALKTIME to '1000' but even that doesn't fire it. Are there specific conditions for this dialogue to take place? This happened to me in the previous version of the mod too. Help?

One more question.

When exactly does the romance track start? Does it start immediately after the friendship sequence, or do you have to make the trip to Spellhold first?

Please help me romance Kivan!

Kivan's romance will start after you find out that Deheriana is dead in Spellhold from Aphril, and after Kivan had some grieving period.

Actually setting the to variable to 1000 asks the talk to fire after 1000 seconds. Try using 1 instead. Like all the talks from that sequence it triggers in the Outdoors and during the night time. So, what you can do is the following.

set the timer: ("P#KiFriendTalkTime","GLOBAL") to 1

bring him to an outdoor area

ctrl+t till it is dark.

Alternatively, you can SetGlobal("P#KiFriendTalk","GLOBAL",12) and click-talk the conversation out of him.

On a similar issue...

In my game, the last talk of the BG1 banter sequence didn't occur, and the game has also skipped the second friendship talk, while the rest of those talks occurred just fine. (I'm in Spellhold currently.)

I don't really mind missing one or two dialogues that much, as long as the fact that they didn't occur does not affect the romance in any negative way... it doesn't do that, I assume?

No, not really, though I would not know why they would skip, to be honest. It's a standard code, all of them are pretty much wrapped in the same block, so they either all should fail or none, if something is wrong. Could be perhaps a coincedence of moving the party when the character just tried to talk, I suppose, with the variable then resetting itself, but I frankly do not know.

Guest Callie

I tried both of the things you suggested Domi, but the dialogue just won't start.

If it doesn't mess up the romance path, I guess I could read it from the 'tra' files. Oh, well.

Thanks.

Hmm, I don't like things that I cannot explain. I suspect that variables run ahead of you here (ie in the first case it was already at 13, having skipped the talk, by whatever reason, and in the second, it increased to 13 before you clicked on him). Please, try the following, in this order, and if it does not start the talk, I'd like to see your saved game, because I really want to see what is going wrong here. Perhaps, I need to increase the timers that "shift" the Global after the talk a bit, or something like that:

bring him to an outdoor area

ctrl+t till it is dark.

SetGlobal("P#KiFriendTalk","GLOBAL",11)

set the timer: ("P#KiFriendTalkTime","GLOBAL") to 1

What would be the Globals I need to set to get the last talk of the BG1 banter sequence (the one that starts ~I have noticed that you are the only one who does not try to change the subject when I mention Deheriana.~)?

I have read that dialogue in the .tra file already because it wouldn't start, but I'd like to try and see if it starts 'for real' when I set the Globals.

Um, sorry... I thought the globals of your previous post were referring to Callie's problem.

Apart from that, it still doesn't work, but I guess I will just skip that dialogue, then, since I read it in his .tra file already (and maybe I'm just too stupid and am doing something wrong in setting the variables).

However, thanks nonetheless. ;)

Archived