Weapon and shield in Quick Weapon slot

Guest Chris

Guest Chris

Hello,

I would like to be able to equip both a weapon and shield with a single click or keyboard shortcut. For example, to switch from a bow to a sword and shield.

Is there a way to add shields to the quick weapon slot, or a way to do this using a script?

I hate having to go to the inventory screen in the middle of combat just to equip a shield.

Thanks!

It could probably be done via script, by getting the character to drop any two handed weapons into inventory at the press of the button and similarly equipping a shield.

To my mind though, the script would have to include all possible weapons you'd want to drop in it, as well as all possible shields (meaning you'd need to make sure you didn't have any shields in your inventory other than the one you want to equip, in case it picked that one first).

There could be a less clunky way to do it, but it doesn't occur to me.

It could probably be done via script, by getting the character to drop any two handed weapons into inventory at the press of the button and similarly equipping a shield.

To my mind though, the script would have to include all possible weapons you'd want to drop in it, as well as all possible shields (meaning you'd need to make sure you didn't have any shields in your inventory other than the one you want to equip, in case it picked that one first).

There could be a less clunky way to do it, but it doesn't occur to me.

BigRob is correct. You would either need to script every possible weapon or to minimize the number of items handled via the script, you would need to keep it up to date with your current weapon selections. The last would preclude the script from being distributed. Or to put it another way, you could use it, but no one else could unless they had the exact same weapon load out.

After that you are looking at something along the lines of:

DropItem()

PickUpItem()

FillSlot()

EquipItem()

So even with all that it can be tricky to do on the fly.

Archived