Ok, where did he go now?

Guest Mscott

Guest Mscott

So upon meeting Kivan in Ilmater's temple, he promptly dimension doors away, leaving me wondering how many buildings I'm going to have to search until i find him again. or was he supposed to dimension door me with him as well? I'm so horribly confused...

No, this is a very strange one. He dimensioned door away instead of initiating a join-in dialogue? If so, that's definetly a bug, and the one I have not heard about before. Are you by any chance playing with TDD or BGT or similar mod?

Guest Mscott

I get a brief bit of dialogue about having looked for me, it not being safe here, talk somewhere else, blah blah, then he does the dimension door thinger

Guest Mscott

Oh, and no, none of the full conversion mods...just the standards, ie. kelsey, dungeon-be-gone, a couple of other NPC mods

Guest Mscott
No, this is a very strange one. He dimensioned door away instead of initiating a join-in dialogue? If so, that's definetly a bug, and the one I have not heard about before. Are you by any chance playing with TDD or BGT or similar mod?

never mind...I just solved my own problem. Apparently I needed the whole party in the temple, not just my main character. Go figure.

Did you offer him to join the party? If you did not, he's gone away for good. If you did and he dimensioned door away, I want your save before hooking up with him. Basically, if you do want for him to wait for you somewhere, you need to still join him in your party and then kick him out, asking him to stay where he is.

I can't say off hand what's wrong if he did DD during the dialogue, instead of joining the party. domi_sotto@gibberlings3.net for a saved game then.

never mind...I just solved my own problem. Apparently I needed the whole party in the temple, not just my main character. Go figure.

Oh, good, it *is* weird, but it must be some internal workings of the JoinParty() game thing, rather than external problem introduced by a mod.

My uneducated guess, is that because if you kick a member out of your party, they come up and badger you about it. The game probably doesn't want to have to make the NPC trek up three flights of stairs (up hill, both ways...where they would get stuck multiple times) to come talk to you about kicking them out to make room for Edwin. =p

Archived