3E mod question

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi all,

Just a general question... er, I'm guessing FredRichardson would really be the one to ask because of all his work on IWDtutu.

We all kow that Icewind Gate was pretty much stillborn due, laregly I think, to the nature of its NPC interactive content. The IWD2 engine just wasn't built to handle in-party NPCs.

That being said what does anyone think of the possibility of porting jut the TOB aspect of BGII to the 3E ruleset via IWDII engine? Seems like a lot of that higher level content might be fun with that particular ruleset... but maybe I'm just out of my mind. :)

If you do not play with NPCs, you can try out Icewind Gate, the mod that Weimer got into beta, but dropped because it could not handle the proper add-in/drop out of the NPCs. Check it out on the Pocket Plane. It is available in public beta.

As for IWDII NPCs, well, we shall wait and see :) The engine is uncapable of handling them *exactly* the way BG2 handles them, but I reckon it does not have to be exact copy to be enjoyable. In fact a slightly different approach might just be refreshing. We shall see, we shall see....

It's something that is available; nothing else is. Obviously the choice is yours to give it a try or not, just like with every other mod. There is really no difference between porting ToB only or SoA-ToB, me thinks.

Guest Guest

Ah, I see what you're saying. For some reason I thought TOB was never included in the ivewind gate port.

Okay thanks for the info ;p

Archived