Possibly a new (?) bug

After Valen's invitation Bodhi didn't appear for me at the Graveyard (even though all conditions were met). Checking AR0800.BCS led to a strange discovery.

The final block concerns Bodhi's spawning, and after double-checking it appeared that indeed all conditions had been met. Now the weird thing is the second-to-last block in the script, which deals with Garrick's assisted "wooing" of the female knight outside the Order of the Radiant Heart. What the hell this block is doing in the Graveyard script I cannot imagine, but as I had witnessed a couple of the wooing cutscenes I guessed that this block was triggering an "exit" from the script and preventing Bodhi from appearing.

So I shifted this Garrick block to the bottom of AR0800.BCS, after the Bodhi block, recompiled, saved, restarted the game and Bodhi finally spawned.

I do have a few mods installed. As AR0800.BCS was already in my /override Folder prior to examining it I assume the official patch or some mod has alreay changed it. So,

1. Would anybody with an un-modded game care to check the AR0800.BCS script to see if this weird Garrick thing is there?

2. Assuming it is found in the normal game, would any G3 guru like to try and figure out WTF that Garrick block is doing in the area script for the Graveyard? :)

TB#Tweaks has a backup copy of AR0800.BCS - it also contains the Garrick block. (NB: TB#Tweaks was installed last.)

Sorry if I'm reporting something that should already be addressed. I searched back in the forum but obviously not far enough.

TB#Tweaks has a backup copy of AR0800.BCS - it also contains the Garrick block. (NB: TB#Tweaks was installed last.)

Sorry if I'm reporting something that should already be addressed. I searched back in the forum but obviously not far enough.

Hmm, that means it was changed by the bigg, but I know he's not overwriting it. Looks like our patch may be failing for some reason--I'll try and investigate this further.

No problem. I've had weird issues with my installation of the Fixpack before (Jaheira's pin thread) so the problem could be my end. Thought it best to bring it to your attention though (because it's such a weird thing :) ).

Archived