Lavok's bugged death

I think there's one suspicious thing about it. Some ppl report from time to time that they didn't receive XP award after dragging Lavok out of sphere. There's a fix for this situation in Beta 2 (DestroyItem("MINHP1") removing), but I suspect that that bug can appear in a different way. I could be wrong but I want to propose additional fix that cuts all remaining traces for its appearance without harming anything else

I'm proposing to remove LAVOK02.BCS reference from LAVOK02.CRE. In any way, that script is a good example of BW's art of scripting. So removing it won't affect anything else taking in account that Kill(Myself) is duplicated in all necessary dialogue options.

But, having such long piece of code in LAVOK.DLG as

IF ~~ THEN DO ~DestroyItem("MINHP1")
EraseJournalEntry(6509)
EraseJournalEntry(6534)
EraseJournalEntry(7994)
EraseJournalEntry(7995)
EraseJournalEntry(8126)
EraseJournalEntry(8127)
EraseJournalEntry(8128)
EraseJournalEntry(8129)
EraseJournalEntry(10128)
EraseJournalEntry(16302)
EraseJournalEntry(16343)
EraseJournalEntry(16524)
EraseJournalEntry(16544)
EraseJournalEntry(16569)
EraseJournalEntry(20179)
EraseJournalEntry(20365)
EraseJournalEntry(20453)
EraseJournalEntry(23371)
EraseJournalEntry(23409)
EraseJournalEntry(3422)
EraseJournalEntry(6557)
EraseJournalEntry(7241)
EraseJournalEntry(9705)
EraseJournalEntry(9919)
EraseJournalEntry(10047)
EraseJournalEntry(23551)
AddXPObject(Player1,45500)
AddXPObject(Player2,45500)
AddXPObject(Player3,45500)
AddXPObject(Player4,45500)
AddXPObject(Player5,45500)
AddXPObject(Player6,45500)
Kill(Myself)~

, we can suspect that .BCS could be launched somewhere in between that block before it reaches 1st AddXPObject().

Once again, I can be wrong totally, if IE executes DLG and BCS scripts in a single thread, but who knows.... :)

P.S> At least Lavok won't be checking all the time if he's dead or not.

Good point.

We've actually just removed the one broken DestroyItem action (the one changed is missing " around the item resref). Being as Kill(Myself) can overcome minhp1.itm, it does make sense and would be more reliable to remove all DestroyItem calls to prevent the issue.

Good point.

We've actually just removed the one broken DestroyItem action (the one changed is missing " around the item resref). Being as Kill(Myself) can overcome minhp1.itm, it does make sense and would be more reliable to remove all DestroyItem calls to prevent the issue.

I think it's not necessary. Even for that broken DestroyItem(). Why does it cause that quest broken? Because it destroys MINHP1 just before a cutscene and lets LAVOK02.BCS to kill Lavok without a possibility to execute his dialogue to give XP and to set all necessary variables.

If we'd remove LAVOK02.BCS we'd fix the issue automatically 'coz now he can be killed from the dialogue only that is all that needed.

Archived