Amber V2

Guest DarkenRahl

Guest DarkenRahl

First off just let me say how great of a mod Amber is I love it.

The problem I'm having is with the quest to get Amber's braclet back. I talk with the guard at the prison and he'll send me to Nick at the Sea Bounty Inn. Nick will then tell me he sold it to someone in the shadow thieves guild. But when I talk to her the line asking about the braclet doesn't show up. I have no way of getting the braclet from her so Amber is getting impatient saying that if I don't want to help her she will go and do it herself.

I've got a screenshot of the conversation but I don't know how to put it in here. If that will help any. And just to be on the safe side, so I know I'm not making a mistake. It is Marina that sells the braclet back to Amber right?

You can send the screenshot to amber@welho.net

I don't think that the blackmarket fence has a name... The one you should be talking to is the female thief inside the thieves guild, selling blackmarket goods in the vanilla game. You should be able to see her when you enter the building through the main entrance, she's the one standing closest to the entrance, next to some tables.

If she's the one you've been talking to, sending a copy of your savegame and weidu.log (found in the main bg2 folder) will be helpful. I might also need the dialog file of the thief, but I first have to check what the file's name was.

Guest DarkenRahl

O.k. I've e-mailed the weidu.log and the screenshot that I was talking about. I realize now that I have a mod that changes that thief to Marina. So that is probably causing the problem. I've tried sending my save file but i can't seem to get it in the e-mail. Sorry I'm not very good with computers. So if you need the save files you'll have to walk me thru the process of getting them in an e-mail.

I think I can do without the save for now, but do you remember which mod is the one that changes the black market thief. It would save a great deal of time if I didn't have to go through every mod that I'm not familiar with in your weidu.log. Currently I have my eyes on this one:

~SETUP-APACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dual Wielding fix and Rogue Shop

But I haven't yet figured out what 'apack' stands for. :blush:

I think I can do without the save for now, but do you remember which mod is the one that changes the black market thief. It would save a great deal of time if I didn't have to go through every mod that I'm not familiar with in your weidu.log. Currently I have my eyes on this one:

~SETUP-APACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dual Wielding fix and Rogue Shop

But I haven't yet figured out what 'apack' stands for. :blush:

aPack = aVENGERpack, more commonly known as Rogue Rebalancing (link). Classic. That component does indeed make changes to the fence in the Shadow Thief HQ.

Yep, found out the problem. The best advise at this point is to install Amber after Rogue Rebalancing Pack. As far as I can see they'll work perfectly together that way. The only obvious oddness, if you want to call it that, will be that the fence will then have two 'special' stores besides her regular store. All three will be accessible by different dialogue options, though, so we'll just have to assume that she has 'special' and 'extra special' customers.

DarkenRahl, I responded to your email with a workaround to this so that you don't have to go through the whole uninstalling/installing process.

Good. The problem was caused by the Rogue Rebalancing Pack's first component overwriting the black market thief's dialogue. The dialogue options that Amber appends to it were naturally lost in the process.

Archived