Detecting an in-party battle

WizWom

In BG1, Ajantis starts battles with the evil characters in the party from BAJANTI with:

Attack([0.0.0.0.0.0.MASK_EVIL])

Simple, straightforward, and, oddly, he has no code to be unselectable while doing it, or anything else.

So, I wanted my PC to join in to this attack, because I'm a good guy, and I won't see someone fight evil without helping.

I figured this:

IF
InParty(LastTargetedBy("Ajantis"))
!ActuallyInCombat()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	MakeUnselectable(6)
	Attack(LastTargetedBy("Ajantis"))
	Continue()
END

But it actually din't pick up on the battle happening.

So I tried

See(LastTargetedBy("Ajantis"))

!ActuallyInCombat()

And that didn't work.

Nor did

See(NearestEnemyOf("Ajantis"))

!ActuallyInCombat()

Well, at least I get to see Ajantis cut down Xzar over and over. And then say "It it unfortunate that our companion died before he could recant his ways."

Hm.

I sort of have prepared for this, adding couple values to specific.IDS

I guess If I really want, I should have ajantis set the specific for a priority target, and code to attack that. Might make it simpler to participate in the other party battles, too - I just set the specific to make them priority and let the AI decide how to deal wth them.

Oh, but then I need to make sure that my AI script is correct and active, that is, not diabled by turning off party AI. yuck.

I could so what the other battle scripts do, and put some simple battle scripting in the override script. At least I could do it so I wouldn't have to make target selections.

Archived