Mirwald Temple

Guest Kerry

I have seen in another topic out here that someone already had a problem with the wraith and Deheriana scene, and now at least I know that there is a talk about the scene when the wraith is dead. I've had the same problem that the talk about the wraith didn't occur, and I tried with Infinity Engine tools to look what conditions have to be set for the talk to trigger and so on. I know it's a kind of cheating but due to compatibility problems in some cases it had been proved to be very helpful to check the conditions in the dialogue tree. Now I have looked through the Kivan dialogue files but didn't find an appropriate dialogue for the wraith talk! So could you be so kind and either tell me the beginning of the dialogue, or which conditions have to be met that I can check it within the game? The rest all worked fine for me, but my suspicion is that my lovetalks went to far for the dialogue to trigger. The Biowarians had the condition that the local variable for the lovetalk had to be set to a specific value for the dialogue to trigger, that could mean you must have 2 dialogues to proceed for the wraith talk to trigger and I suspect the problem to be there, but I can't be sure as I don't find the dialogue in the tlk-file to be sure about that

Yep. I am not sure what started the rumor that there was a separate talk after Master-Wraith, but there is just standard BioWare like chat when you confront MW, and nothing specific to MW after you kill it. Hope that clears it up!

No talk after the death? Because Standard Bioware there is always a talk after wraith's death, even in Kelsey's story there is one, and when Deheriana disappeared it is even fitting when there's a talk ... at least to console charname! I just thought it to be natural when there's one ... why not?

I did not remember there being one with Anomen, to be honest, and that was the only romance I saw a ToB portion of. It sort of feels to me that everything that had to be said was said during the encounter itself. Kivan's next emotional high comes almost immediately after that - in the encounter with the witch if Tazok's Heart was a part of the SoA play-through, so piling the dialogues in that narrow window might be too much. Well, now at least I know why people keep thinking it a bug.

Actually there is a dialogue for Anomen after the fight, as well as for Aerie, Jaheira and Viconia. I've once found out that there is a neccessary condition for it; your lovetalk has to proceed more than one time (I'm sorry that actually I have forgotten the numbers, but it isn't the same for everybody ...), for Anomen that means practically two lovetalks HAVE neccessarily to appear for him to speak to the PC after the fight with master wraith. That maybe the reason why you hadn't it. Just a guess. It's somehow difficult to get the second lovetalk because there isn't too much things to be done in Saradush. I'm sorry that I cannot point out the beginning sentence of the dialogue after the wraith fight because I have a none-English version of the game.

For Kivan, I have thought a after-dialogue to be suitable, not only for PC who eventually might be confused as troubled as well (that's actually what I was when seeing this scene) and giving Kivan and PC a chance to talk about past and future again. Perhaps this might be too mich a cliche again, I won't deny, but to me, it's fitting. After playing the scene and Kivan said nothing, I felt somehow empty-handed standing in the forest and didn't know what to do, if Kivan is still loving the PC or if he prefers to break the relationship as he saw Deheriana not utterly dead (that was the *you live*-thing). At least it would have been nice to have a talk whether the wraith and Deheriana were in a way "true" or just "illusions", and that's what the Bioware-dialogues all about. For Anomen, the PC has to console him with the past and remind him that all he saw wasn't actually true. That would have brought somehow more clearness to the situation, and I just missed it. Perhaps you could add the little portion for a new version to come, if possibly. I just wanted to give feedback what I missed in the game, but excellent work either.

Archived