Finding Amber

Guest Bear

I just recently reinstalled Baldurs Gate & was pleased to find a new npc to install & play with (Amber).

I have played quite a ways into chapter 2 now & still haven't found her. The only reference I can find to locating her on this board is a coy;

"The quest leading up meeting with Amber will start in Athkatla. There are more than one places where it can start, so you should not be forced to run around too much in order to find her."

Well I still haven't come across the quest & it's getting a little frustrating.

I don't believe it would be much of a spoiler to simply say where I could find her.

I'm hoping it's not going to be another Soulifene character that I can get only when games near completion.

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I just recently reinstalled Baldurs Gate & was pleased to find a new npc to install & play with (Amber).

I have played quite a ways into chapter 2 now & still haven't found her. The only reference I can find to locating her on this board is a coy;

"The quest leading up meeting with Amber will start in Athkatla. There are more than one places where it can start, so you should not be forced to run around too much in order to find her."

I don't believe it would be much of a spoiler to simply say where I could find her.

I'm hoping it's not going to be another Soulifene character that I can get only when games near completion.

Thanks.

Guest Bear (& spoiler?)

Thanks.

Figures;

No sooner did I write this then I finally got the Amber lead.

I take it that I need to bail out Jan first?

By the way. The whole Civil Servant routine was very cute :blush:

Yeah, things will start to happen once you either rescue Viconia or condemn her to death. In practice thet means as soons as you go anywhere near the prison, since you'll have to take a stand either way once the Viconia burning scene gets underway.

Guest FVZA_Colonel

After rescuing Viconia, is Amber supposed to spawn right away, or do you simply encounter her elsewhere in the city? I was just wondering, as after reading this thread I had expected to see her spawn right away.

After rescuing Viconia, is Amber supposed to spawn right away, or do you simply encounter her elsewhere in the city? I was just wondering, as after reading this thread I had expected to see her spawn right away.

Never mind, I figured it out. Sorry to have bothered.

Care to give a girl a clue? :) I have been wandering around the government area after saving Viconia for what feels like years . . . . no Amber in sight . . .

Help! :)

Thanks ahead of time . . . . .

Celtic Rose

Well, my best advice is just to keep playing as you normally would. :hm: We did not want people to "go pick up" Amber from somewhere, but rather have them hear of her during the course of normal gameplay. If you just go on playing, you should run across clues of Amber in the shadier streets of Athkatla.

Care to give a girl a clue? :) I have been wandering around the government area after saving Viconia for what feels like years . . . . no Amber in sight . . .

Help! :rant:

Thanks ahead of time . . . . .

Celtic Rose

Well, my best advice is just to keep playing as you normally would. :D We did not want people to "go pick up" Amber from somewhere, but rather have them hear of her during the course of normal gameplay. If you just go on playing, you should run across clues of Amber in the shadier streets of Athkatla.

Thanks for your sage words . . . . overheard "the" conversatin that leads to Amber.

Again . . . my thanks,

CelticRose

Guest IsendirDeynae

Completly lost! I have been searching and searching the streets for ages! I have not over heard any sort of conversation that would give me a clue of Ambers whereabouts. Help please.

A page prince never raises his gaze - Drizzt Do'Urden

Completly lost! I have been searching and searching the streets for ages! I have not over heard any sort of conversation that would give me a clue of Ambers whereabouts. Help please.

First have you rescued (or let die) Viconia in the Government district? You MUST do that "quest" before the conversation leading to Amber's whereabouts starts.

If you have already done that, go to the shadier streets of Athkatla (to quote Darios) and you'll get the conversation which should give you the clues needed to find Amber.

That's all :rant:

Archived