Unable to talk Demin into ressurection

Guest Dmitriy

Guest Dmitriy

First and foremost - thank you a lot for the greatest mod in BG2! No exaggeration - it realy is. Espesially thank you for the dialogs.

Now to the problem.

Uninterested in the romance male PC.

I was unable to talk to Aphril in Chapter 4 - bug just skipped the dialog after Irenicus introduced former Asilum Coordinator, Kivan interfered wich led to Irenicus reveal his disguise and teleport the PC to the soul-taking pot.

Now I'm in Chapter 7, talked to Demin, but she only says regular words about gathering three artifacts and does not mention Kivan and Deheriana.

Question 1 - What may be the cause of the problem

Question 2 - What variables should exist in the file for Demin to talk about Deheriana and ressurect her?

Question 3 - What do you advise to do.

Thank you.

Well, this is what I had to do, but then I had some installation issues at the time that had nothing to do with the Kivan and Deheriana mod.

As soon as the director finished introducing Aphril, I had Kivan go talk to her. I selected him, and him initiate the conversation.

With Demin, I didn't get that conversation the first time. It was the second time, after the goblet, talisman, and moonblade had been used to summon the avatar of Rillfane, but before going off to collect the horn and harp. Talking to her with the pc did not trigger the appropriate dialog. Again, I had to select Kivan and have him talk to her.

Well, this is what I had to do, but then I had some installation issues at the time that had nothing to do with the Kivan and Deheriana mod.

As soon as the director finished introducing Aphril, I had Kivan go talk to her. I selected him, and him initiate the conversation.

With Demin, I didn't get that conversation the first time. It was the second time, after the goblet, talisman, and moonblade had been used to summon the avatar of Rillfane, but before going off to collect the horn and harp. Talking to her with the pc did not trigger the appropriate dialog. Again, I had to select Kivan and have him talk to her.

Thanks for the assistance.

Actually, as you can imagine, i cannot return to Brinlaw and intiate conversation with Aphril. I simply wonder, would ressurection trigger withought this dialog or it is a must?

I will try to talk to Demin by Kivan all the time now.

Unfortunately, I think there's a global for talking to Aphril that indicates whether or not Deheriana is resurrectable. So even talking to Demin with Kivan might not help.

ATM, I do not have K&D installed, as I'm running through with Xan this time, and there is no K&D/Xan cross-mod content. Otherwise, I would check for the appropriate variable. As it stands, you are going to have to wait until Domi is again available to answer your questions.

It's a pity you do not have a pre-Spellhold save to fall back on. But who knew you'd need it?

Unfortunately, I think there's a global for talking to Aphril that indicates whether or not Deheriana is resurrectable. So even talking to Demin with Kivan might not help.

ATM, I do not have K&D installed, as I'm running through with Xan this time, and there is no K&D/Xan cross-mod content. Otherwise, I would check for the appropriate variable. As it stands, you are going to have to wait until Domi is again available to answer your questions.

It's a pity you do not have a pre-Spellhold save to fall back on. But who knew you'd need it?

I'm not Domi, but I'm pretty sure it sets it either as "Deherianalives" or "Deherianadead" after that conversation, depending on if you are romancing him or not. You do have to talk to Aphril, it's pretty key to it all.

Those aren't exact, but I'm pretty sure they're close.

I'm sure Domi can give you the globals you need for your game. :mad:

Guest Dmitriy

I'm not Domi, but I'm pretty sure it sets it either as "Deherianalives" or "Deherianadead" after that conversation, depending on if you are romancing him or not. You do have to talk to Aphril, it's pretty key to it all.

Those aren't exact, but I'm pretty sure they're close.

I'm sure Domi can give you the globals you need for your game. :mad:

Thank you and you are absolutely right. I have found it myself, by loading my very early save (Irenicus dungeoun exit) and travelling to Spellhold. Actually, the dialog with Aphril is really a must for romancing Kivan, or ressurecting his wife. It adds 2 variables - DEHERIANALIVES=1 and P#DEHERIANALIVES=1. In case of romancing Kivan it would be DEHERIANADEAD=1 and so on. In case of missing the dialog with Aphril by failing to talk to her by Kivan, or via a bug (my case) one can add these variables via ShadowKeeper, or CLUAConsole.

Also I must admit that ressurection occurs ONLY when spoken to Demin by Kivan for the first time (when you fight rakshasas at her house). Thanks everyone

PS - Domi, I suggest (if it is not much) to change your readme file a bit. It is not clear, whether it is essentual to talk to Aphril in order to ressurect Deheriana and ressurection appears during the first dialog with Demin. Still, it is up to you.

Thank you again for this marvellous mod.

Archived