Partners in crime... er, I mean... collaborators wanted

Wounded_Lion

I am looking for a scripter to create combat scripts for an upcoming mod that restructures the Amnish and ORH guard patrols. Any collaborators will be given full credit as one of the mods authors. I could create these scripts myself with a bit of study and lot of time, but I'd rather focus on other aspects of the mod.

The first script should be written for Fighters (Amnish guards equipped with spears) as low as Level 07 and as high as Level 40. To clarify, this should be a single script that (if possible) takes into account HLAs (all default Fighter HLAs; higher level guards have at least one of each). These guards are fought in small groups and should behave intelligently (kill spellcasters first, perhaps, etc).

The second script should be written for Paladins (Order of the Radiant Heart; likely equipped with two-handed swords) as low as Level 07 and as high as Level 40. To clarify, this should be a single script that (if possible) takes into account spells and HLAs (all default Paladin spells and HLAs; higher level Paladins have at least one of each). These Paladins are fought in small groups and should behave intelligently (use healing spells, etc).

Because it has not had a stable (or at least, agreed upon) release, I am tempted to say that I would rather Detectable Spells not be used. However, I'm flexible with this point. Use it if you desire.

Don't worry about overwhelming the player party. The PC will have a chance to avoid combat. If combat is chosen, then the player party should be in for a difficult fight.

If you're interested:

PM me. (optimal)

OR

Reply here. (acceptable).

- D

As I've been working on other scripts for this mod, I thought of a more effective method of increasing the difficulty of high-level Fighters. Therefore, HLA usage will not be required for that script. This reduces the difficulty of the Fighter script considerably, and thus I will not require assistance with that script (I can zip it up myself in a short amount of time; I've written similiar basic combat scripts in the past).

- D

Hm.. me and Sorrow are making similiar project, but in bigger area of BG2. You can find a topic Iron Throne Project at Team BG.

But I think, making overpowered guards with 40 level isn't a good solution. Where they're found that quantity of xp's? By killing thugs at 1st to 4th level? Heh...

You should create an operation groups. 4-6 fighters (two defenders, two archers, anti-magic and one normal), cleric, wizard and scoundrel who's detecting invisible party members, makes backstabs and hunt running enemies.

It's hard to do, but not impossible.

Hm.. me and Sorrow are making similiar project, but in bigger area of BG2. You can find a topic Iron Throne Project at Team BG.

I thought that Team BG was dead. Kind of liked it that way, actually. WeiDU rules all... :) Is Team BG functional again? Do they have anything that doesn't suck? :D

Just teasing, of course.

But I think, making overpowered guards with 40 level isn't a good solution. Where they're found that quantity of xp's? By killing thugs at 1st to 4th level? Heh...

Um... The guards in my mod scale with the party. This is not a level-for-level scale but instead a scale of my own devising. Anyway...

You should create an operation groups. 4-6 fighters (two defenders, two archers, anti-magic and one normal), cleric, wizard and scoundrel who's detecting invisible party members, makes backstabs and hunt running enemies.

It's hard to do, but not impossible.

I know how to do it. I was being lazy when I posted this thread. Didn't want to do all that scripting myself. Etc. But oh well. I got it covered. :)

- D

Archived