Problem with Kagain's Quest

meat axe

OK, which dialogue options did you see out of the following choices:

1. ~Sorry, we must have wandered a little too much. We're business associates of Entar. We just arrived from Waterdeep this morning. Perhaps we could inquire as to your identity?~
  2. ~We're members of the Flaming Fist. We think that Entar may be in danger, and we've been sent by the other Grand Dukes to insure his safety.~
  3. ~We're rogues, here to rob you blind.~
  4. ~I've come here, fair lady, to see you! I have heard tales of your beauty ever since I first came to Baldur's Gate. At first I considered such talk exaggerated, but now I see that I was wrong. If you would only grant me a kiss to remember you by, I would be on my way and bother you no more.~
  5. ~Madam, I bring grave news. In my travels, I came across a raided caravan... and the body of a young man, dressed in Silvershield colors. The bandits who killed him had this clasp.~

And, if you're curious, here's the code, just as a FYI.

IF WEIGHT #1 /* Triggers after states #: 9 even though they appear after this state */
~NumberOfTimesTalkedTo(0)
~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
 SAY #79304 /* ~Excuse me, but I don't know any of you.  Perhaps you could tell me what you're doing in my room.~ */
 IF ~ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy,NEUTRAL_UPPER)
~ THEN REPLY #79305 /* ~Sorry, we must have wandered a little too much.  We're business associates of Entar.  We just arrived from Waterdeep this morning.  Perhaps we could inquire as to your identity?~ */ GOTO 1
 IF ~ReactionLT(LastTalkedToBy,FRIENDLY_LOWER)
~ THEN REPLY #79305 /* ~Sorry, we must have wandered a little too much.  We're business associates of Entar.  We just arrived from Waterdeep this morning.  Perhaps we could inquire as to your identity?~ */ GOTO 2
~ THEN REPLY #79306 /* ~We're members of the Flaming Fist.  We think that Entar may be in danger, and we've been sent by the other Grand Dukes to insure his safety.~ */ GOTO 3
~ THEN REPLY #79306 /* ~We're members of the Flaming Fist.  We think that Entar may be in danger, and we've been sent by the other Grand Dukes to insure his safety.~ */ GOTO 4
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #79307 /* ~We're rogues, here to rob you blind.~ */ GOTO 5
Gender(LastTalkedToBy,MALE)
~ THEN REPLY #79308 /* ~I've come here, fair lady, to see you!  I have heard tales of your beauty ever since I first came to Baldur's Gate.  At first I considered such talk exaggerated, but now I see that I was wrong.  If you would only grant me a kiss to remember you by, I would be on my way and bother you no more.~ */ GOTO 6
Gender(LastTalkedToBy,MALE)
~ THEN REPLY #79308 /* ~I've come here, fair lady, to see you!  I have heard tales of your beauty ever since I first came to Baldur's Gate.  At first I considered such talk exaggerated, but now I see that I was wrong.  If you would only grant me a kiss to remember you by, I would be on my way and bother you no more.~ */ GOTO 7
 IF ~Global("ElBrilla","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("eldoth")
InMyArea("eldoth")
!StateCheck("eldoth",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!InParty("skie")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("ElBrilla","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_ELDOTJ~ 49
 IF ~Global("SkieBrilla1","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("skie")
InMyArea("skie")
!StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("SkieBrilla1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_SKIEJ~ 83
 IF ~InParty("coran")
InMyArea("coran")
!StateCheck("coran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Gender(Player1,FEMALE)
!InParty("skie")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_CORANJ~ 207
 IF ~Global("X#CoranBrilla1","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("coran")
InMyArea("coran")
!StateCheck("coran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
Gender(Player1,MALE)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#CoranBrilla1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_CORANJ~ 145
 IF ~OR(2)
Global("X#KagainCaravan","GLOBAL",5)
PartyHasItem("X#SILSH")
~ THEN REPLY #101943 /* ~Madam, I bring grave news. In my travels, I came across a raided caravan... and the body of a young man, dressed in Silvershield colors. The bandits who killed him had this clasp.~ */ GOTO 43
END

Archived