Problem with Kagain's Quest

meat axe

Hey, first off I'll just say that this mod is awesome. It really adds to the bg1 playing experience, since interactions was one of my favourite things in bg2.

But now to the problem at hand. I am having some problems. I'm trying to finish Kagain's quest, but when i go to talk to Lady Silvershield, I get no option to give her Eddard's fibula thing. Is it possible that some variable didn't get activated? The guards downstairs still get the relevant dialogue option, so I'm thinking that might not be the case. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Sorry, not sure how I missed this... sorry for the slow response.

is the fibula in a container, or is it in party inventory? I will take a look, and may just move this darned thing to variable settings instead of PartyHasItem, as there seems to be some trouble with it firing. The relevant code is:

<<badump Chhsssssshhh!>> Kagain!

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~_HOUSG3~ 0
IF ~PartyHasItem("X#SILSH")~ THEN REPLY ~We bring news for Lord and Lady Silvershield. We believe that we have found news of their son. Any chance this pin is one of yours?~ GOTO X#SilverGuardPass
END

APPEND ~_HOUSG3~
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN X#SilverGuardPass
SAY ~I see you have the household Sigil. Please go to meet Lady Silvershield directly. You can find her upstairs.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END
END

EXTEND_BOTTOM _BRILLA 0
+ ~PartyHasItem("X#SILSH")~ +~Madam, I bring grave news. In my travels I came across a raided caravan... and a body of a young man, dressed in Silvershield's colors. The bandits who killed him had this clasp.~ + BrillaEddardDeath
END

CHAIN ~_BRILLA~ BrillaEddardDeath
~Then Eddard is dead? That's grievous news. Give me that pin - I shall keep it in memory of my dear, dear step-son... ~
== ~_BSKIE~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~No... no... Why have not you told me, <CHARNAME>? M-m-y brother... o, no!~
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~Hush, girl.~
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~Wha... Skie? What are you doing?~
== ~_SKIEJ~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~I.. I'm just er... popping out. Heh...~
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~Hmph, dressed like a sewer rat, and with your pack on your shoulders? Hardly, dear - You're running away, aren't you? ~
== ~_SKIEJ~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~I... yes. I'm leaving. Er... will you tell my father?~
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~Hmmm... tell him? Why, of course not! This is indeed a delightful turn of events...~
== ~_SKIEJ~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~Wha..?~
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~My dear, you are but a pampered little rich girl. You whine when you break a *nail*. Do you really think you'll be able to survive in the big bad world? A finer example of goblin bait I've never seen.~
= ~And when you do eventually fall by the road side, just like your brother, *I* will be the one sitting on top of the Silvershield fortune.~
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("eldoth")~ THEN ~Now you run along - though... maybe you could leave your friend, hmm? *smiles at Eldoth* ~
== ~_SKIEJ~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~ You... You BITCH!~
== ~_SKIEJ~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("eldoth")~ THEN ~Stay away from my Eldoth!~
== ~_ELDOTJ~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("eldoth")~ THEN ~Now, now, my dearest. We can hardly hope to keep your... um... departure a secret, can we? Even from someone so self-absorbed as your father? Let us, then, mount upon the wings of Love and fly where they will take us. *Hugs Skie and winks at Brilla over her shoulder.*~
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("eldoth")~ THEN ~Tee-hee! If I ever need a humorist to brighten a dull evening, I know now where to apply. Take good care, sweetie! *Skie snarls and drags Eldoth from the room.*~
END
IF ~~ THEN DO ~ActionOverride(Player1,DestroyItem("X#SILSH"))
ActionOverride(Player2,DestroyItem("X#SILSH"))
ActionOverride(Player3,DestroyItem("X#SILSH"))
ActionOverride(Player4,DestroyItem("X#SILSH"))
ActionOverride(Player5,DestroyItem("X#SILSH"))
ActionOverride(Player6,DestroyItem("X#SILSH"))
AddexperienceParty(3000)
ActionOverride("brilla",EscapeArea())~
EXIT

Hmmm... this is from the workroom. I will check at home and make sure everything is ok. There should have been an "automatic response" if the party has the fibula. If the guards respoded appropriately, and Brilla didn't, then there is probably some miscoding or a typo somewhere. I will check tonight for anything really obvious, and put it on the list for full revisit this weekend right after Jastey's Coran check.

Revised code from Beta3 now out:

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~_HOUSG3~ 0
IF ~PartyHasItem("X#SILSH")~ THEN REPLY @46 GOTO X#SilverGuardPass
END

APPEND ~_HOUSG3~
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN X#SilverGuardPass
SAY @47 
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END
END

EXTEND_BOTTOM _BRILLA 0
IF ~PartyHasItem("X#SILSH")~ THEN REPLY @7 GOTO X#BrillaEddardDeath
END

CHAIN ~_BRILLA~ X#BrillaEddardDeath
@8
== ~_BSKIE~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @9
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @10
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @11
== ~_SKIEJ~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @12
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @13
== ~_SKIEJ~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @14
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @15
== ~_SKIEJ~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @16
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @17
= @18
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("eldoth")~ THEN @19
== ~_SKIEJ~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @20
== ~_SKIEJ~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("eldoth")~ THEN @21
== ~_ELDOTJ~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("eldoth")~ THEN @22
== ~_BRILLA~ IF ~InParty("skie") !Dead("skie") !StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) InParty("eldoth")~ THEN @23
END
IF ~~ THEN DO ~TakePartyItem("X#SILSH")
DestroyItem("X#SILSH")
AddexperienceParty(3000)
ActionOverride("brilla",EscapeArea())~
EXIT

OK, I don't see what is holding up the works... if the House Guard sees you and passes you on with the thing, then you should be good to go, since the same call starts the CHAIN. It literally should hijack the whole discussion and send Brilla away without further ado. Unless some other interjection has also hijacked the thing.

I do see a problem with the Escape Area, though: _BRILLA.cre has dialogue set as _BRILLA, and race script set as _BRILLA, but no DV. That means we have to patch her before she will actually leave the area. Otherwise, you could talk to her again and get another conversation. Her override script is one I am not familiar with (_EAVECH7), so I will have to investigate this weekend.

Could you please send me a save so I can try it out and see what is up? svowles at comcast dot net.

Hey, I am patching in Brilla's DV (both Tutu and BGT) right now - does anyone have a savegame/install where they can replicate this bug, to make sure we have isolated the option? You may even be able to CLUAConsole your party w/item into the place and test, I just need to make sure that Beta3 code actually is skipping this (or if somehow this is happening on the second time round on conversation). On my install, the thing works but she doesn't leave (because we don't assign the DV). Unfortunately, my install is a testbed one with changes, so I need someone to confirm it on plain BGT or (preferably) Tutu Beta3 :)

I may have found a dificulty here... or I may not have. We may need to look at the interactions between the various I_C_Ts and this dialogue. Perhaps some of our own code is hijacking the EXTEND_BOTTOM state? I think this one is fine, but I am not sure. It looks like you can't have both this and the Kagain Quest response. Unless we do a quick recode.

I_C_T2 ~%tutu_var%BRILLA~ 0 X#CoranBrilla1
== ~%CORAN_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty ("coran") InMyArea("coran") !StateCheck("coran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Gender(Player1,MALE)~ THEN @52
END 

CHAIN
IF ~~ THEN ~%CORAN_JOINED%~ X#CoranBrilla2
@153
= @154
== ~%tutu_var%BRILLA~ @155
== ~%CORAN_JOINED%~ @156
== ~%tutu_var%BRILLA~ @157
== ~%CORAN_JOINED%~ @158
== ~%tutu_var%BRILLA~ @159
== ~%CORAN_JOINED%~ @160
== ~%tutu_var%BRILLA~ @161
= @162
= @163
== ~%CORAN_JOINED%~ @164
== ~%tutu_var%BRILLA~ @165
== ~%CORAN_JOINED%~ @166
== ~%tutu_var%BRILLA~ @167
== ~%CORAN_JOINED%~ @168
== ~%tutu_var%BRILLA~ @169
== ~%CORAN_JOINED%~ @170
== ~%tutu_var%BRILLA~ @171
DO ~GiveItemCreate("%tutu_var%RING18","coran",1,0,0) EscapeArea()~
EXIT

@153  = ~*quietly* Let me handle this, <CHARNAME>...~
@154  = ~O, Ladylove, the rumor that Lady Brilla Silvershield is the most beautiful Lady in Baldur's Gate reached my ears, and I came here to -~
@155  = ~Was it all over the town? Oh...~
@156  = ~The rumors lie, m'lady...~
@157  = ~Wh-what?!~
@158  = ~*after a dramatic pause* You are the loveliest woman in the world... ~
@159  = ~Thank you kindly...~
@160  = ~May I have the privilege of kissing your slender elegant fingers?~
@161  = ~Certainly...~
@162  = ~Wait! I think I know you! I saw you at Lady's Berayat's Estate, the very evening when her diamond-and-star sapphire necklace went missing...~
@163  = ~*giggles* Serves her right too, the way she was parading it at every occasion!~
@164  = ~Lady Berayat? Oh... diamond-and-star sapphires? Horse-faced girl?~
@165  = ~You were awfully friendly with her...~
@166  = ~I must have been blinded by your beauty... ~
@167  = ~*giggles* But you said you have never seen me before, Elf?~
@168  = ~Er... I lied. Ever since that evening, I was hoping to see you again... I er... even called my comrades to help me to find you...~
@169  = ~How romantic!~
@170  = ~I shall serenade you tonight at midnight, m'lady.~
@171  = ~I will be waiting...~

Can someone indicate if they have seen this while Coran is in the party and Kagain's Quest has been completed?

I had Coran in the party when first trying to complete Kagain's quest, and when initiating dialogue with Brilla got the Coran dialogue. After that Brilla left the room, and I didn't find her anywhere again. I reloaded and went to second floor without Coran, but didn't get the Kagain's quest dialogue this time either.

hmmm, I've got the same problem...

when i get to talk with lady brilla sivershield, i don't get a dialogue option to tell her about her step-son, and i have the fibula.

funny thing is that the guard downstairs let me pass if I tell I have news about eddard silvershild, and show him the fibbula.

had this been solved yet?

when i get to talk with lady brilla sivershield, i don't get a dialogue option to tell her about her step-son, and i have the fibula.

funny thing is that the guard downstairs let me pass if I tell I have news about eddard silvershild, and show him the fibbula.

I'm the guest above. :)

I'm the guest above. :)

yes... I'll try to go back there without him

Archived