BG1 NPC v12 Hotfixes

cmorgan

In the interests of getting materials out ASAP to users, here is a set of minor edits that are being integrated into the next version. Please note that most fixes are for specific types of installs; if you need a quick fix, help yourself, but remember:

1. You must use ConTEXT, Crimson Editor, TextEdit, or Notepad. MSWord will mess up your whole day.
  2. If it is posted here, it is a quick fix that has been checked on my machine, with Windows XP and EasyTutu_TOB. Your Milage May Vary.
  3. This will never be equivalent to a full release log. Many small changes take place each modding session I do, if only to keep pecking away at making all the code use the same terminology, commenting, case, and variable naming schemes. When a new version gets released, move on up!

Current Release: V12 Beta3

-----------1-----------

*** All Versions: Imoen not completing her "I don't want to bury another..." dialogue

You will have to uninstall the whole mod (just uninstall the "Required Fixes", and the whole thing pulls up roots) and then reinstall it, so back out one mod at a time to make sure your save is all good (or restart a game). <strong>UNLESS YOU ARE USING THE NEW WeiDU v197 DO NOT JUST REINSTALL THIS COMPONENT:</strong> a loophole in WeiDU v196 makes BG1 NPC pull all the timers from the Romance segments, and not be able to reinstall them automatically with the rest of the mod.

• IF TUTU >>
    In BG1NPC\Phase2\DLG\X#IMINT.D
    change lines 1210 to 1212 from
    CHAIN3 ~_IMOEN2~ IMINT1.14
    @367
    DO ~SetGlobal("X#IMGBody","GLOBAL",3) ActionOverride("gorion",DestroySelf())~

to read

CHAIN ~_IMOEN2~ IMINT1.14
    @367
    DO ~SetGlobal("X#IMGBody","GLOBAL",3)~

[remove the "3", remove the ActionOverride("gorion",DestroySelf())]

• IF BGT >>
    In BG1NPC\BGT\DLG\X#IMINT.D
    change lines 1217 to 1219 from
    CHAIN3 ~IMOEN2J~ IMINT1.14
    @367
    DO ~SetGlobal("X#IMGBody","GLOBAL",3) ActionOverride("gorion",DestroySelf())~

to read

CHAIN ~IMOEN2J~ IMINT1.14
    @367
    DO ~SetGlobal("X#IMGBody","GLOBAL",3)~

The result will be that Gorion's body does not get buried, but Imoen's talk progresses normally. The final fix will be to set up duplicate triggers to make the darned burial happen; right now the area script refuses to activate when I set it up.

-----------2-----------

*** Tutu v4 only: Dynaheir's Quest - Good Glolls do not spawn, Drizzt doesn't show up, basically the quest just stops.

You will have to uninstall the whole mod (just uninstall the "Required Fixes", and the whole thing pulls up roots) and then reinstall it, so back out one mod at a time to make sure your save is all good (or restart a game). <strong>UNLESS YOU ARE USING THE NEW WeiDU v197 DO NOT JUST REINSTALL THIS COMPONENT:</strong> a loophole in WeiDU v196 makes BG1 NPC pull all the timers from the Romance segments, and not be able to reinstall them automatically with the rest of the mod.

• IF TUTU v4 ONLY >>
    In BG1NPC.tp2 (probably your install directory), find the section [lines 637 and 638] that looks like this:
    ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~ THEN BEGIN
    /* WizWom's Tutu NPC Battle fix: not compatable with BGT scripts */

Right before it, make a space (carriage return) and insert the following code:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~ THEN BEGIN
    COPY_EXISTING ~FW4200.are~ ~override~
     WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~_AR4200~ #8
     BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
    END

The final fix will be a full assignment of area script references for Tutu v4. EasyTutu is immunized against this bug :) by Macready's huge work assigning area script references for spawns. Tutu v4 users have quite a few area scripts that do not have references. All BGT areas (I believe) have script references (if not, someone will post soon and let me know what to do for them :)).

Archived