Monster classes spellcasting

Hello :)

I've did a little fix for game, when I've worked on revised Firkragg component. You know - in vanilla game, dragons are 1st level spellcasters, because they have got assigned XXX_DRAGON class. Hm? Non-fixable without assigning them other class? But there's too much class dragon-class checking in scripts.

What do you think about adding to their items spell effect, which gives him better "virtual" spellcaster levels? It's used in Wild Mage spellcasting, when his level raises/falls.

I've don't tested it - but I think it should work correctly.

Cheers.

Yarp

Hello :)

I've did a little fix for game, when I've worked on revised Firkragg component. You know - in vanilla game, dragons are 1st level spellcasters, because they have got assigned XXX_DRAGON class. Hm? Non-fixable without assigning them other class? But there's too much class dragon-class checking in scripts.

What do you think about adding to their items spell effect, which gives him better "virtual" spellcaster levels? It's used in Wild Mage spellcasting, when his level raises/falls.

I've don't tested it - but I think it should work correctly.

Cheers.

Yarp

Hello,

Ah, well, Dragons... :p

You are right, and yes, you can fix it in a simply way without changing his mainclass :D. I have looked in their creature files and I will take Firkraag here as example, as he seems the only dragon, that is already flagged as "Original-Class: Mage" in this file.

The only thing to do here is, to give him in his second class in the creature-file an approbiate class. Comparing his stats with my P&P handbook, I can say, that he is an very old dragon (1.201+ years) and should spell his spells as a mage level 9. So the only thing here to do is, to give him in his second class level 9, and his spells will be of more might ;).

For the other dragons look at their Saving-throws, that will say, how old they should be (the better they are, the older is the dragon), flag them as "Original-Class: Mage" and give them an approbiate class in their second level :).

Compare them with Firkraag, if you don't have a P&P handbook: he is the oldest dragon mentioned there, and take, what you guess, that should be right ;).

If you don't understand exactly, what I mean with the flags and the second class, take a look on Imoens creature-file: she is also flagged there (as "Original-class: Thief") and has level 6 in her second class. Otherwise, she wouldn't be able to disarm traps :D

Regards

Roana

I think you'd have better luck just making them cast all innate spells rather than the inconsistent blend they have :)

RED_DRAGON is not a multiclass, so the flags section of the character header and levels in secondary or tertiary classes are not going to help you very much.

Archived