Issue with Gromnir (Mac OSX)

Guest Tilion

Hi!

I discovered a strange issue concerning Gromnir (the dwarf running the upgrade-shop in the harbor-destrict). When I got there with Amber he is interested in her bracelet for an upgrade of the blade of roses. The minor problem is: Amber can't be persuaded to sacrifice her bracelet no matter if I have the blade or not. The major problem: I can do what I wan't but the dialoge about the bracelet is repeating over and over again, so I have to end the game with "apple-Q". Is there a way to just skip the racelet part, 'cause now it's impossible to create the other upgrades. :)

:)

The loop with Cromwell's (Gromnir is the head boss in Sharadush) dialogue has been reported at last once before. If I remember correctly, last time it was caused by the additions that Amber mod makes to Cromwell's dialogue having been made twice. What would cause that to happen, I have no idea.

Only (theoretical) cause that I can think of, is that the user installs Amber, then deletes the weidu.log and contents of Amber's backup folder and installs the mod again. But why would anyone do something like that? :hm:

I haven't ever encountered this issue and I assue that at least for some players it work just fine, because there has not been more reports of the same issue.

What other mods you have installed? Can you either copy-paste contents of the weidu.log (that's in you main bg2 folder) file here or send a copy of it to amber@welho.net?

In which chapter of the game are you in?

Can you send me o copy of Cromwell's dialogue file wsmith01.dlg from your override folder (that's in you main bg2 folder)? If you know how to compile that to .d file that would be helpful (because then it would have correct dialogue strings attached), but if you don't that's all right.

Hi Meira!

I sent you these files some time ago, but I assume you still haven't any clue about this issue.

Anyway, maybe there is a way to get around this, though I would be a minor spoiler: is it possible to create that upgrade of the blade of roses or can Amber be persuaded to sacrifice her bracelet?

Oh, I'm so sorry. :p I forgot to dissect the file.

You can persuade Amber to give up the bracelet, but not before you return from the underdark. :D If this is caused by Amber's dialogue entries being appended twice in the dialogue file, uninstalling and installing Amber again should fix the issue, provided that the double feature doesn't take place again. :p

Well, I installed Amber 2.4. yesterday, but the dialogue-loop is still there. Seems I've got to wait until my glorious return from the Underdark since I don't want to spoil the romance with Amber by kicking her out of the party a short while. ???

By the way: I really like how the romance goes. Amber isn't as annoying as Aerie, much more fun then Jaheira and not so over dramatic as Viconia. Great job so far. ;o)

Well, I installed Amber 2.4. yesterday, but the dialogue-loop is still there. Seems I've got to wait until my glorious return from the Underdark since I don't want to spoil the romance with Amber by kicking her out of the party a short while. ???

Kicking Amber out of the party for a shot while is perfectly safe. If you intend to forge multiple items and have the 'Forging actually takes a day' component from fixpack installed, I'd pick her up for a moment between forgings.

By the way: I really like how the romance goes. Amber isn't as annoying as Aerie, much more fun then Jaheira and not so over dramatic as Viconia. Great job so far. ;o)

Thank you. I sometimes think she manages to be just as whiny as Aerie, as 'I know better' as Jaheira and as moody as Viconia. :(

Archived