Anyone up for testing a BG2 voicepack?

Loké

Well, since Baldur's Gate's sunk it's claws into me yet again, I've been settling myself in. I noticed one of my old custom voicepacks I made (I actually released it on fileplanet) and to be honest, I don't really think much of it anymore.

So, I've spent the past few hours going through all his* dialogue again and editing, and I've got a working revised copy up. Anyone want to give it a whirl just click here to download.

There's a folder with one version of it in, ('rew') and the other is pretty self explanitory: 'Alternate' being alternate sounds. If you want to know exactly what sounds will replace what, here's a guide for it. They're not 'better' or 'worse' sounds. It's just there were alot of overlapping sounds and I'm not entirely sure which are the best.

I assume you know how to install custom voicepacks for the game by now, but if you don't, go to the game directory (In my case it's H:\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate II) and go into the folder 'Sounds'. Plonk the sound files from 'rew' in there and boot the game up-a new voicescheme called 'rew' should be in the list. To uninstall, just delete all the files with 'rew' as the first three letters.

*His referring to the character Rewdalf from the computergame Bandits: Pheonix Rising.

------

Anyways, give it a try please and give me some feedback. Is it too loud, too quiet, any lines which make you go 'eh?' that sorta thing.

And speaking of weird lines, I know the tired one is weird. He doesn't have a line that really works for that, so I had to work with what I had.

Were you the person that was harvesting soundsets from the IWD2 NPC Project?

If so, and if you're planning on releasing those sounds as a separate mod, have you cleared this with Domi and/or the voice actors themselves? I, personally don't have any objections, but some people might.

If that was someone else, sorry to have bothered you. Please carry on.

Archived