Bug in Saradush

Hi

I've just beaten up the thugs in the basement in Saradush to release Ardic Santele.

Then I go to speak to him, he says he has to leave and then Kivan speaks, saying "he earned both death and infamy" (not sure why he says that, or about whom).

This is followed with the list of Quest points assigned, then the screen goes very briefly into full-size as it does for a cut-screen. Then the game goes back into game play mode but is paused. The Tab bar or the pause icon on the screen do not work to release the pause option. All other play options and features do work, except that the game won't go out of the paused state.

Hitting the tab bar advances the text scroll, but no text appears. The image of Kivan continues to be displayed.

I found a reference to a related bug, which indicates that Kivan might leave at this point, but this freezing happens right after he speaks and the quest points are shown.

I've not had this happen with other mods, so I'm assuming it's something to do with Kivan. Any ideas?

It's the same bug, the interjection with a wrong code that freezes the cutscene.

If you set the P#KivanAdric GLOBAL to 1 before starting the convo, it should bypass the bug.

Thanks, Domi, but P#KivanAdric doesn't appear in my Shadowkeeper list of global variables.

It goes from P#KivanAdalon4 to P#KivanAmuana (presumably these are all in alphabetical order)

What is the command line entry for this in the CLUA console?

I don't suppose that this side quest is all that important. Will this bug affect anything else if I skip the conversation with Adric?

No, it will affect nothing, except you won't see the 'infamy' line. The way interjections work, the Global is set after the interjection shows up, so if you are going through this option the second time (ie it's a convo with a quest NPC/merchant/whatever who has repetitive lines) the NPC does not speak up again. The variable currently is not on the list because it does not exist (ie 0) prior to the conversation.

The Clua command will be:

SetGlobal("P#KivanAdric","GLOBAL",1)

No, it will affect nothing, except you won't see the 'infamy' line. The way interjections work, the Global is set after the interjection shows up, so if you are going through this option the second time (ie it's a convo with a quest NPC/merchant/whatever who has repetitive lines) the NPC does not speak up again. The variable currently is not on the list because it does not exist (ie 0) prior to the conversation.

The Clua command will be:

SetGlobal("P#KivanAdric","GLOBAL",1)

That did the trick, thank you :)

Archived