Game Text Update, err, updates

(NB: I can't seem to post in the old thread. So...)

*ahem* I'll continue to pester about the gtu because I care... :)

1. V3 still doesn't correct the last error I listed; @1064481 should read:

@1064481 = ~I am loath to re-open the entrance, lest the evil escape into the city. But if you think you can reason with Gromnir or aid the city somehow, perhaps it is worth the risk.~

2. The gtu contains an old "correction" that is, imho, blatantly incorrect. In the original game Keldorn says the following to Aerie:

"Wrong? No, to some you be the ideal. You have dedicated yourself to the Church in all its forms and to that purest form: your own heart."

This was altered to a modern grammatical form which changes the tone of Keldorn's manner of address:

"Wrong? No, to some you are the ideal. You have dedicated yourself to the Church in all its forms and to that purest form: your own heart."

But "you be" fits perfectly for Keldorn's idiom and the notion he is seeking to encompass.

My 2gp? Delete the altered entry @1011253 completely. It was always a misguided "correction".

Cheers,

Luiz - who hates sub-editors who completely miss the freaking point.

Considering that the subjunctive mood indicates counterfactuality, Keldorn's orginal statement implies that no one in fact sees Aerie as an ideal. Not so consoling :) But yeah, it's consistent with Bioware's silly Ye Olde Speech.

Archived